OMG!!!

Ocalasam
on 2/10/14 3:08 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I am not in the 120s!!!  I don't think I was this weight since maybe 4th or 5th grade!  I started doing Couch to 5K - anyone have any experience with this?  I'm liking it so far!  I just feel amazing.  I'm pretty much wearing a size 4, but have bought a few 2s and small/extra small.  I still have a major fear of regain/failure, but I'm hopeful. 

averybyrd
on 2/10/14 3:26 am

Holy cow! Go you! That's TINY!

danslillady
on 2/10/14 4:25 am

I'm doing couch to 10K and I love it!!! I am cross training as well to improve my cardio capacity without the impact on joints!

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

PetHairMagnet
on 2/10/14 4:25 am
RNY on 05/13/13

WHOO HOO!!! That is just so amazingly awesome!

As far as the C25K, I have done the Zen Labs program and LOVED it! I am now training for my first half marathon and cannot wait for that day to arrive!!

Personally, I plan on a healthy level of regain fear to keep me on the straight and narrow. :)

My biggest advice on the C25K is to go and be professionally fitted for shoes for your gait and make sure you are going to the right store in your area. My 'rules' are they should not care if you buy the shoes from them (I mean of course they want you to, but will they refer you if they don't have the shoe you need on hand) and they should allow you to run X distance or time and be able to return them if they do not work and they should be able to show you on the video your gait and what it is that needs correcting. My son is a neutral runner and had no correction needed, it was interesting to see how very different the results were for me, my husband and my son and I was mightily impressed when they actually did some calling to find the shoes my son needed in the size he needed when they knew they did not carry them. I recommend that store to anyone in my area due to their amazing service. 

Also, don't be afraid to repeat a week. I don't recall now, it was either 5 to 8 or 8 to 12 minutes, but I just did not feel ready to progress and I dialed the app back one week and redid a week so that when the move in time happened the following week, I was able to make it without stopping. The one promise I made myself was when the voice said run, I would and when the voice said walk, I would. If I had started bargaining with myself, it would have all gone downhill from there. I know me pretty well. :)

Come to the exercise forum--lots of runners there and a LOT more experienced than I am. But from where I am, the C25K is the MOST life changing app I have ever purchased!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Patm
on 2/10/14 9:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulatyions on your succes you have done fantastic

Calla Lily
on 2/10/14 10:58 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Yay! Congrats on the 120's! Did you ever think that would even be possible?

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Ocalasam
on 2/11/14 12:52 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Thank you all for your replies!  Pethairmagnet - I will have to get fitted for running shoes.  I haven't done that yet.  I don't know if there's a store in my area that does that.  MissCalla - heck no!  My goal was 150.  I've never been this small in my life - since I was a child!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics