HELP! Unflavored protein?

canttouchus
on 2/10/14 11:54 am
RNY on 01/07/14

I need some help! What is your favorite unflavored protein? I know about unjury but I'm trying to find a lower priced option... I'm in college so I need to spend as little as I can but I don't want to sacrifice quality. I'm mostly going to mix it in water with some crystal light.

What's your favorite, where do you get it, and how much does it cost? :)

"There is strength inside of you that you have yet to discover."

sw12
on 2/10/14 10:18 pm

I am also a poor student! My favorite is Beneprotein by Nestle and you can buy it at Walgreens or on Amazon. I have the packets for on-the-go and the canister for my apartment. I like it because it dissolves really well in yogurt, SF pudding, etc and you definitely can't taste it. I have heard of people even putting it in guacamole or something like that. 

Here is a link so you can see what it looks like. I think my canister was maybe $20 at Walgreens? http://www.amazon.com/Beneprotein-0-25-Ounce-Packets-Pack-75 /dp/B001W6RHQ6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392128200&sr=8-3&keyw ords=beneprotein

jazzycatz
on 2/10/14 10:37 pm - Joppa, MD

I have used AnyWhey unflavored or the Jay Robb unflavored egg protein. I prefer the Jay Robb but that's because I am really sensitive to the whey taste. I find the Jay Robb easier to hide in foods. Using the Any Whey I have to make sure that the food has a stronger flavor.

sBob
on 2/11/14 2:29 am

My dietician recommended Beneprotein unflavoured. I can buy it at Costco in Canada for $20. Good quality and recommended by the surgeon..etc. And as stated previously, blends well into yogurt, etc.

Louise1974
on 2/11/14 2:42 am

I have used the Whey To Go unflavored, I don't know how much it costs because my husband (bless him) does the shopping.  It was pretty good and easy to doctor up.

selhard
on 2/11/14 3:49 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I buy Unjury unflavored for $23 a canister but my favorite is vanilla. I buy it from a local, small drugstore near our hospital that performs WLS.  It's a shot in the dark, but maybe try calling the UNJURY company to see if they have a special program offering discounts for college students? Another idea... I have offered to buy opened canisters of Unjury from trusted members in my support group who quit or didn't give protein powder much of a chance.  Their loss, my gain...  oops, not a good saying on this website :) 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 116 views
Forum Search Error & 404