Tummy Troubles

volson
on 2/15/14 3:49 am
RNY on 11/06/09 with

I'm a little over 4 years out and having a lot of trouble with my stomach.  I have "stomach bug" symptoms a lot, and I throw up 2-3 times a month.  I mentioned this to my doctor at my last visit, and he said I was probably getting too many carbs.  I met with my dietician to get a new eating plan and follow it pretty religiously.  The problem continues.  Has anyone else had this problem? 

Thanks!

marissasmith1987
on 2/15/14 4:16 am - troy, NY
RNY on 01/13/14

I'm sorry your going through this. I dont have any suggestions just wanted to give you some support. so hang in there i'm sure some one can help you here.

volson
on 2/15/14 12:24 pm
RNY on 11/06/09 with

Thanks for your support.  That's very sweet of you!

QoftheU
on 2/15/14 4:29 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I'm not familiar with your issue or your eating plan, but it seems weird to me that "too many carbs" could be causing you to throw up.  I just don't see the logic in that.  Did she/he tell you WHY that would happen?  Cuz I'd want a real explanation.  Have you researched the web?  Could it be some kind of stricture?  Did he order any tests?  If it were me, and just sayin', I'd go back and demand every test in the book - something isn't right (obviously).  Oh, one last thought, have you tried probiotics?  Go to the health food store and buy LIVE culture (they're always refrigerated), and try that.  Maybe you just need to get your system back in balance...?

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

volson
on 2/15/14 12:23 pm
RNY on 11/06/09 with

Sorry I wasn't clear.  He said too many carbs could cause diarrhea, but he didn't seem concerned about the throwing up part.  I've emailed my dietician to see if she's run across this before and if it can be diet related.  If she doesn't know what to suggest, I will call the doctor.  Thanks for your reply.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/15/14 4:38 am

You; may have developed food allergies or sensitivity if there is no other explanation - like stricture or bezoar.. Did you have EGD to determine if things are still OK inside?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Momma2nicknmike
on 2/16/14 12:32 am - Beavercreek, OH

I don't have any suggestions for you, but wanted to add that I'm 3 years out and have recently developed stomach problems of my own.  It seems like I can hardly eat anything without getting an awful stomach ache or horrible bloating.  I have a Dr. appt. this week to see what's going on.   I hope yours gets resolved soon.

Lynne    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?