dressing room cry !

saterry
on 2/24/14 6:43 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I HATE to shop for clothes,,,,, ,dreaded going out today and put if off until the last minute.

Had to make a few basic purchases because the " baggie " look went out a while back.

Reluctantly grabbed a few thing and brushed off the hot 20 something year old that wanted to help me shop----never happening.

Went in to the dressing room, not facing the mirror as usual, tried on the clothes......turned around and cried !

I looked normal. Normal clothes, no t-shirt to hide behind, no baggie clothes....they fit and fit well. I didn't stick out...I fit in again. Its been awhile.

I may go back tomorrow.......

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

marymo362
on 2/24/14 6:47 am
RNY on 03/18/14

WOW!~ wonderful for you! 

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

averybyrd
on 2/24/14 6:51 am

Awesome! Go you!

PetHairMagnet
on 2/24/14 7:21 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM Pacific Time, saterry wrote:

I HATE to shop for clothes,,,,, ,dreaded going out today and put if off until the last minute.

Had to make a few basic purchases because the " baggie " look went out a while back.

Reluctantly grabbed a few thing and brushed off the hot 20 something year old that wanted to help me shop----never happening.

Went in to the dressing room, not facing the mirror as usual, tried on the clothes......turned around and cried !

I looked normal. Normal clothes, no t-shirt to hide behind, no baggie clothes....they fit and fit well. I didn't stick out...I fit in again. Its been awhile.

I may go back tomorrow.......

YAY! WHOO HOO! Party time, party time, got to buy some clothes and shine!!

And let that young thing do the stylist thing for you!

I went into WHBM for ONE item, but I had to try it on and then I got way laid looking at something else I loved. When I got to the dressing room she had put together about a dozen looks for me. I did not really have interest in them, but tried them on and low and behold...looked AWESOME in many of them. And not ONE of them would I have tried on if she'd not put them in there. And I'm 47, so it's not like I'm a youngster. :)

Now I request a stylist session before I even head in to certain stores and my wardrobe has expanded tremendously in the way I dress as much as anything. Still my classic self, but updated in a chic and fresh way! Give it a try! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

gtrdyfor50
on 2/24/14 7:22 am
RNY on 10/08/13
How awesome!

I walked around the women's section of a store yesterday and kind of said "Good Bye" and "Thanks for being there for me". It sounds so stupid, but something just really hit me.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 2/24/14 12:08 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I'm a size 10 now and I still automatically head for the women's plus size section at Macy's . 

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Lora R.
on 2/24/14 7:46 am
RNY on 09/12/13

That is so awesome!1  I cried in the middle of the store the first time I tried on a shirt without a W after the size, got a few funny looks, but didn't care :)  Congrats!

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

Patm
on 2/24/14 7:51 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It is so satisfying being able to buy clothes you like not just because they fit. It actually becomes fun instead of the dreaded large size stores. Unfortunately I think my cross addiction has become clothes shopping.

PetHairMagnet
on 2/24/14 9:02 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM Pacific Time, Patm wrote:

It is so satisfying being able to buy clothes you like not just because they fit. It actually becomes fun instead of the dreaded large size stores. Unfortunately I think my cross addiction has become clothes shopping.

I know for a fact it has for me. I am spending thousands and thousands on new clothes and jewelry and accessories and running gear and clothes and jewelry...well, you get the idea, lol. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/25/14 1:09 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Jewelry definitely sounds like a cross-addiction, since all of my funky little necklaces fit the same no matter what I weigh 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 370 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 79 views
Recent Topics