HOW MANY PEOPLE?

sjkern
on 3/6/14 7:43 am - wadena, MN

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAD THE GASTRIC BYPASS AND ARE DOING SO WELL..... WITH OUT GOING TO HOSPITAL OR CLINIC A FEW TIMES?

I AM SCARED ABOUT *BILLS* AND GETTING SICK ALOT LIKE I READ ON HERE.

ANY EXPLANING WILL HELP ME.

DID NOT HAVE SURGERY YET.

jdsparkee
on 3/6/14 8:03 am
RNY on 01/28/14

Most of the people on here, myself included, have not had issues.  Sure, there are some... but that will be the case with any surgery.  It's not easy at first, but it is 100% worth it in my opinion - challenges and all!!

SW: 226  CW:166   M1: -27 M2: -11 M3: -16 M4: -3 (health issues)

RNY Surgery Date: 1/28/14 

sjkern
on 3/6/14 8:08 am - wadena, MN

THANKS ALOT  jdsparkee...SOUND POSITIVE TO ME

PetHairMagnet
on 3/6/14 8:06 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 6, 2014 at 3:43 PM Pacific Time, sjkern wrote:

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAD THE GASTRIC BYPASS AND ARE DOING SO WELL..... WITH OUT GOING TO HOSPITAL OR CLINIC A FEW TIMES?

I AM SCARED ABOUT *BILLS* AND GETTING SICK ALOT LIKE I READ ON HERE.

ANY EXPLANING WILL HELP ME.

DID NOT HAVE SURGERY YET.

I am not sure I fully understand what you are asking, so if this is not helpful, please restate your query.

Here is my response to what I think you are asking.

My husband and I both had RNY. We had it at different hospitals, but with the same surgeon. Each of us have only returned to see the surgeon at the scheduled post-op visits that were outlined to us pre-op. We have had zero complications, have been very happy with our loss to date, the nutritionist employed by the surgeon does a great job and this site has helped me fill in any gaps in what she's shared. 

I have never been 'sick' though twice I have had a bite (literally ONE bit) too much and felt pretty 'ugh' for a few hours, but then was fine. 

My husband and I both say we wish we'd done this 10 years ago, it is our only regret!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

sjkern
on 3/6/14 8:12 am - wadena, MN

THAT ANSWERS MY QUESTION ALSO.....ACTUALY MADE ME HAPPY....I WISH I COULD READ LOTS OF POSITVES....WHEN I JOINED ON HERE I READ MOSTLY BAD THINGS I THINK...I DONT WANT TO AMKE ANYONE MAD...I KNOW THIS PLACE IS FOR HELP AND CONVERSATIONS AND FUN!!

THANKS FOR THE REPLY SO QUIK...AWESOME! THANKS ALOT ...PetHairMagnet

MADE MY EVENING ALSO.

PetHairMagnet
on 3/6/14 8:24 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM Pacific Time, sjkern wrote:

THAT ANSWERS MY QUESTION ALSO.....ACTUALY MADE ME HAPPY....I WISH I COULD READ LOTS OF POSITVES....WHEN I JOINED ON HERE I READ MOSTLY BAD THINGS I THINK...I DONT WANT TO AMKE ANYONE MAD...I KNOW THIS PLACE IS FOR HELP AND CONVERSATIONS AND FUN!!

THANKS FOR THE REPLY SO QUIK...AWESOME! THANKS ALOT ...PetHairMagnet

MADE MY EVENING ALSO.

You are very welcome!

And to be honest, it is more in human nature for people to congregate in a place like this to share challenges and issues. You don't seek help about things going awesome, you mostly seek help for things going badly or that cannot be figured out. But there are a LOT of folks who have amazing experiences and short of bragging, it is sometimes difficult to say "WOOT WOOT, life is better and better each day!" so those tend to be quieter posts.

I am many things...quiet is not one of them, so I do try to temper my woot woot a bit, but still share the 'good news' as much as I can. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

marymo362
on 3/6/14 10:21 am
RNY on 03/18/14

well said.....you are so right. it is a place for honestly, including woot woot moments and challenging times. Thanks for saying!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

56sunShine14
on 3/7/14 7:15 am

And thank God for those who post the "woot woot" moments!  That it one of the greatest reasons people come on here, to see the woot woots.  It validates our feelings, calms our apprehensions, gives us guidelines and applauds our successes.

tdbull
on 3/6/14 8:09 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I had about 2 months post op complications, but this was due to gallbladder removal, not the gastric bypass portion of my surgery. Since surgery, I had a bad cold, but nothing different than before surgery. I haven't had any food intolerances, haven't gotten anything stuck or vomited or foamed. I eat and drink like I did before surgery, just eat my protein forward plan and stay away from sweets and bad carbs (whites). I haven't had to go to a clinic or to the ER. My 6 month labs came back good, and no other issues, but I'm still a newbie.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

sjkern
on 3/6/14 8:18 am - wadena, MN

I WANT TO THANK YOU ALSO TDBULL!! THIS ALL MAKES ME HAPPY.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics