From lapband to bypass

Andresky73
on 3/18/14 4:07 pm - Redlands, CA

Hello my name is Angela I have the lap bad  since 2010 it was very succeful for the first two year not into this past 8 months been having problems I get fil it's too tide, infill I gain weight, till finally it slip, dr said its best just to have a revision to RyBypas vey unsure about I afraid it won't work or have lots of side effect don't know what to do. It's been approve by my insure I'm diabetic and have high blood pressure HELP!!!!

Andresky

ladygodiva1228
on 3/18/14 10:13 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

There are a lot of bandsters that have revised to either the bypass or sleeve or even the DS.   It sounds like your band is no longer working and with the slip the doctor is recommending it be removed.  Sound advice from the doctor.  I myself am in the process of getting my band removed.  If your insurance has approved the band removal and a revision to the bypass I would say go for it. 

It really doesn't matter what WLS you have as they are all tools that we need to learn how to use for long term success.  Unfortunately for many the band was just the right tool. 

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

tdbull
on 3/19/14 12:21 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am a revision. Please go to my blog, just click my username and read all about it. I was gaining weight, bad acid reflux and wanted the sleeve. Surgeon recommended RNY as sleeve wouldn't eliminate reflux. I've never been so happy. Lost all and more of regained weight, not one bout of reflux since surgery and feeling better than I ever did with the band. No choking, food stuck, vomiting, floamies. I haven't experienced any intolerances for food yet, but don't eat sweets and high fat food. This was the best decision I ever made.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Norma 1010
on 3/20/14 2:15 pm - Pflugerville, TX

Hi Angela,  I'm having a revision from band to bypass on April 9th.

Norma

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

Andresky73
on 3/22/14 4:22 pm - Redlands, CA

Hello Norma my  surgery is April 1 st I wish u the best lets kee In touch so we can support each other

how do you feel about it? I'm super nervous about it and also very afraid of failing :( 

Andresky

Norma 1010
on 3/23/14 5:21 am - Pflugerville, TX

Yes , let's keep in touch since last our surgeries so close together. I'm feeling same way as you.  I'm exited,  nervous, but my biggest fear is failing :(

You're welcome to keep in touch with me via email.

Norma :)

Andresky73
on 3/23/14 6:01 am - Redlands, CA

Oh how funny you have the Lapland too I had my lapband surgery on sep 2010 my staring wt was 247 went down to 195 and now since I had my band deflited I'm back to 206 my GW IS 140 

I'm in Redlands California, where do you live? 

Andresky

Norma 1010
on 3/24/14 2:20 am - Pflugerville, TX

I live in Pflugerville Texas, 5 miles north of Austin.  I also did pretty well with the band,  lost 59 lbs in first 4 mos, but then nothing due to the problems with the band. Starting wt was 319 n dropped down to 260. I'm currently 283 and my gw is 180.    When I initially decided on wt loss surgery I went  with the lapband because I didn't want to lose the weight too fast, I wanted to lose slowly and didn't want the malabsorption issues. Now I don't have a choice, maybe I should have done the bypass initially.  Did you have a revision to bypass? 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?