Protein ice cream recipes

SHMILY
on 3/18/14 10:01 am

Can you post your fav high protein ice cream recipes here? I am getting a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker. Can't wait. It will be a new exciting way to get the protein in. Thank you.

White Dove
on 3/18/14 10:19 am - Warren, OH

I just mix up any protein shake and then stir in some sugar free cool whip.  It comes out very creamy.

Mo Diggity
on 3/18/14 1:15 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

ooooo I gotta try that !! I freeze my sugar free cool whip for when I get an ice cream craving lol

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Mimi2Konnor
on 3/18/14 10:27 am
RNY on 06/03/14

I haven't tried these yet, but they sound great! 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

48F   5'10"   HW: 375   SW: 350  CW: 298 as of 9/11/14

poet_kelly
on 3/18/14 10:31 am - OH

I use eight ounces of milk, a scoop of protein powder, a little splenda and whatever flavoring I like.  A spoonful of decaf instant coffee crystals with vanilla or chocolate protein powder is good, or a spoonful of any sugar free pudding mix is good, or some fruit.  If I use something like banana, I put it all in the blender and blend it up before putting it in the ice cream maker.  If you want to add anything chunky, like nuts or chocolate chips ( a few chocolate chips goes really good in coffee ice cream) wait to add those until the ice cream is almost done.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/18/14 10:33 am - OH

As the above posted said, Eggface has a bunch of recipes.  Some people really love them, but I tried a couple of recipes and didn't like any of them (the protein taste just really bothered me), so I gave up.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics