Surgery

Kimrs729
on 3/22/14 3:37 pm
RNY on 03/31/14

I'm having gastric bypass on 3/31/14 I'm excited and very nervous at the same time.. Does anyone have any info you would like to share with me?? Thanks Kim

miranda537
on 3/22/14 4:21 pm
RNY on 09/23/13

I was excited and nervous at the same time too!  I just had to trust in God that all would be well.  And it was!  And now soon to be 7 months later I am so thankful for the surgery.  I am 28lbs away from my goal weight! I can hardly believe it.  You'll do great too! Just keep positive.  It helps in the healing process.  Your body will go through lots of changes but rest assured time heals all things and you get used to your new life post op.  Just keep coming to this site and keep on educating yourself. Follow what your Doctors guidelines and the Nutritionists guidelines are, keep your lab work up, and doctor yourself too because no one knows our bodies like ourselves.  Find a support group if you haven't.  There are many youtube videos that are so very helpful.  I might do my own soon.  Plenty of other websites exist out there too.  Just use google!  Congratulations to you, you are almost there!  I wish you the best!    

Kimrs729
on 3/22/14 4:23 pm
RNY on 03/31/14

Thank you so much.. 

JJ0609
on 3/22/14 9:59 pm

I am excited for you. Just follow your diet plan, drink and exercise. Bring a pillow and a family picture to the hospital. The photo so you can look at when you are in your room and the pillow to hold on your stomach for the ride home to ease the pain of the bumps and stops. Remember to get up every hour and walk to get rid of soreness and gas. Ask for milicon drops to help with gas ASAP. Let it out do not be embarrassed. You will burp and fluff air a lot. When you get home remember to take drops, walk, and drink as much as possible. You will be so relieved and feel better faster. Good luck. I will be praying for you. 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Rachel DiLo
on 3/22/14 11:10 pm

I haven't had this surgery yet but I am excited for you! I hope everything goes well sunshine :) good luck!

*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

Kimrs729
on 3/23/14 3:08 am
RNY on 03/31/14

Thanks everyone!! 

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/14 4:31 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Fantastic!  Follow your plan - after surgery - get up and walk, walk, walk, and sip your liquids when you are cleared.  Stock up your kitchen before your surgery - with a variety of liquids, broths, shakes, etc.  and make sure you have your multivitamin and calcium on hand.  Everyone told me that my taste buds would change, and they did, right after surgery.  Everything tasted super sweet.  I drank a lot of beef broth with Mrs. Dash and unflavored protein powder, because it was savory, and not sweet.  I am three months out now, and all of the challenges of the liquid, pureed, and soft food diets are a fleeting memory.  I am enjoying adding in fresh raw veggies and fruit now and am loving trying new things, experimenting, and cooking - more than I ever have. Get your proteins in first.  This is really important!  Best wishes to you - your surgery will be here before you know it!  

southernpeachnc
on 3/23/14 9:10 am

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!  Nervousness is normal but these surgeries have become normal now.  GAS X STRIPS and CHAPSTICK are absolute musts.  They don't give you anything for the gas in the hospital nor anything for your dehydrated lips. You really need these!  I'd suggest taking your bed pillow as you will get better rest with it.  Hospital's dont mind.  

You will be able to walk after the surgery and the more you can do this the better.  It helps get your new internal system to get acclimated as well as help with the gas problem.  Welcome to the losers circle!!!  

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

justforme65
on 3/23/14 11:34 am
with

Best of luck to you. God Bless! I will be having RNY tomorrow. Everything is going to go great.

Kimrs729
on 3/23/14 12:09 pm
RNY on 03/31/14

Justform65 good luck tomorrow.. You will do great!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views