3 days post op

Christine24
on 3/27/14 8:41 am
RNY on 03/24/14

Not feeling real good, but looking forward to my future weight loss.

southernpeachnc
on 3/27/14 8:46 am

It will take a a while to get back in the groove.  Remember to walk and take GasX strips for the gas. Take it easy and get rest.  Welcome to the losers circle!  

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Monkeygrl14
on 3/27/14 8:48 am - Fresno, CA
RNY on 03/21/14

Hi, I am a week out. I feel tired and achy and cold all the time. I am also excited about my future weight loss. It will get better as time goes on. We just had our guts rearranged lol. Hope that you feel better soon.

Grandmaneice
on 3/27/14 11:11 am
RNY on 03/24/14

I too am on day 3, just got out of the hospital last night.  I am trying to take it easy making sure I get up and walk at least once every hour.  Every day should be better than the last day.  

Take care

SHMILY
on 3/27/14 11:23 am

At day 3 I had major buyers remorse. It will get better

Surgery Feb 26, 2014. Starting wt 270 lbs

Christine24
on 3/27/14 12:43 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

Thank you for the replies, glad this is normal. Goog luck too you too!!!

JJ0609
on 3/27/14 11:45 pm

You will get stronger the more moving around and drinking you do. You can do this!  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Healthyjourney
on 3/28/14 7:15 am

It takes a bit of time before you really start feeling better. I remember I had more pain then I anticipated.  It's a pretty major surgery and it does take awhile before you feel like doing much of anything. But trust me it does get better!  I would say it took me a couple of months before I felt like I made the right decision. The weight also comes off quickly so that is a good incentive to do everything you need to do to stay healthy as you recover. It's been over 3 years now since I had laparoscopic RNY gastric bypass. I have been very lucky and have had no real problems. I have started a website sharing my weight loss journey in an attempt to help others.  If you feel like it take a look.  http://www.gastric-bypass-journey.com/  Good luck and i hope you are feeling better soon. 

Healthyjourney
on 3/28/14 7:17 am
marymo362
on 3/28/14 7:46 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I had my RNY on the 18th, I have not felt this amazing in ages! I also don't have many responsibilities, and likely that helps but seriously I am getting around just fine. Temperatures are just fine, nailed the liquid diet prior to surgery so that's nothing new. I have been to the gym a couple times to get solid exercise walking on the treadmill. I was hiking 6 days out! not far, and not strenuous but hiking. Just be sure to pack your protein drinks so you don't miss out, and pack water!

The first few days were harder, for sure but I have had very little pain other than gas which dissipated quickly enough. I even teased my surgeon that she didn't really change my stomach at all, that the incisions were making me THINK she had, like a placebo effect  :) :) :)

You got this, you have been through the surgery and now it's onward and upward (except by the scale---that would be downward!)

Best, 

Mary

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 195 views