Pregant!!

Kay1975
on 4/4/14 2:58 am - PA

Helloo everyone.  I had RNY 19 months ago and have lost 268 pounds  I just found out I am going to have a baby.. AHHHHH.. I am soo happy... I just wanted to know if anyone had a baby after WLS and if so, what did they do to get in their extra calories in or vitamins.  Any advice is wanted.  I go to see the doctor Wednesday....

Kay Kay

White Dove
on 4/4/14 3:26 am - Warren, OH

Congratulations.  Many people have had successful pregnancies after RNY.  Let you OB-GYN know about your surgery and they will probably want to watch your labs.  They will help with vitamins and with calorie recommendations and keep an eye on your weight gain.

This is wonderful news and I am so happy for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

pdxmommyof4
on 4/4/14 3:28 am

Congrats!!  Very happy for you!!!  

marymo362
on 4/4/14 3:31 am
RNY on 03/18/14

Sweet wonderful happy congratulations to YOU! 

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Patm
on 4/4/14 3:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The baby will pull the vitamins and calories it needs. It has always been a fallacy that you need to eat extra for pregnancy. You will need to continue eating healthy.

I was gestational diabetic when pregnant with my daughter pre WLS. I lost 40 lbs during the pregnancy and she was born one week early at 8 lbs 4 oz.

Good luck

JJ0609
on 4/4/14 4:07 am

CONGRATULATIONS! WOW! YOU MUST BE EXCITED! I am so happy for you. Glad you are going to the doctor right away. Make sure you tell the doctor about your surgery and he/she will guide you from there. You can still lose while being pregnant just keep your protein and vitamins up. Good luck!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Naomi P.
on 4/4/14 5:00 am
RNY on 04/21/14

What Great News !!!!!!!    Congratulation !!!!

Spots- N-Dots
on 4/4/14 5:15 am

Wonderful news - congratulations on your "new addition" and a shout out for a great job on losing 268 pounds!

Debb

" Never let your dreams rust "   

SandieMc49
on 4/4/14 5:48 am

Oh my goodness gracious  268 pounds?  You are a-maz-ing!

I just wanted to say congratulations!  Glad that you shared the good news with us.

Dee.spunk
on 4/4/14 6:20 am - Sacramento, CA
First of all, congrats on the weight loss! That's amazing! And of course, congrats on the baby! That's wonderful news! The best advice I can give is let your doc know so they can keep an eye on your labs. Again, congrats!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views