two days post op

nhowe61
on 4/4/14 7:03 am

not sure what i should be eating and how much i know that liquids are hard to get down.They said the surgery was a little hard they fixed a hiatal hernia that was bigger than they thought and they also fixed an opening to the stomach problem i have wounds  1-5" long 3 -2" long. i guess it could have been worse.Its not so bad now that i am home except i dont know how i should be eating .......need fluid. any help would be greatly appreciated

Kimberly K.
on 4/4/14 7:10 am
RNY on 03/21/14

I am only two weeks out but when I left the hospital I was given very specific instructions by my Surgeon. If you were not given instructions you should call their office immediately so that you know exactly what you should be doing.

Kim K.    

gtrdyfor50
on 4/4/14 7:14 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Did you have pre-surgery classes with a nutr. where they gave you instructions for the first few weeks after surgery? If not, I would call the surgeon's office and ask.

Dizzinator
on 4/4/14 8:18 am
On April 4, 2014 at 2:03 PM Pacific Time, nhowe61 wrote:

not sure what i should be eating and how much i know that liquids are hard to get down.They said the surgery was a little hard they fixed a hiatal hernia that was bigger than they thought and they also fixed an opening to the stomach problem i have wounds  1-5" long 3 -2" long. i guess it could have been worse.Its not so bad now that i am home except i dont know how i should be eating .......need fluid. any help would be greatly appreciated

Broth for dinner, sf jello for dessert.  Iced tea 30 mins after. Until day 4-5 where you go to a full liquid diet.  Pureed foods that started mostly puréed, like Ricotta cheese, oatmeal, strained cream soup of choice, rtc.).    good luck and google stuff too.  Above all, ask you surgeon and their team!

dee317
on 4/4/14 8:48 am

I would most definitely get with your surgeon and dietician to know exactly how they want you to do it. Every surgeon or clinic has there way of  how they want you to do it :) Best wishes to you on continuing your healing process :) my bf is 3 days post-op! I am 7 weeks out :) Definitely get your nutrition in to help you heal. It's very important! 

Grandmaneice
on 4/4/14 12:12 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

I got a binder from my NUT that tells me what to eat on certain days.  Now I am on day 11 and can eat eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, along with what I was eating, oatmeal, cream of wheat, etc. protein shakes.  No tea or coffee.

JJ0609
on 4/4/14 10:54 pm

You must have a plan to go by for the various stages so contact your doctor asap. You cannot gohome without one.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 12 replies · 72 views