Improving my daily protein shake

alaskasusan
on 4/5/14 3:28 am, edited 4/5/14 3:29 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I continue to take a daily protein shake simply because I cannot yet manage to eat enough to get in all the protein needed.  I also enjoy fairly strenuous work outs and recently added both BCAA (branch chain amino acids) and L-Glutamine powders to my shakes.  While checking out those items at GNC, I noticed a new product on the shelf to enhance the flavor of those shakes.  I already make a very enjoyable shake and they go down pretty well but this new item makes a vastly improved flavor!  It's a small, half-ounce container of powder called "Mix'ns" and I saw just two flavors: Cinnamon Swirl and Blueberry Muffin.  I added the cinnamon swirl to this morning's shake along with the usual add-in like chia seeds, yogurt, etc... and zounds(!) - delicious.  It adds zero calories and has a very short list of ingredients.  Just thought I'd pass it along to those of you wanting a little better-tasting drink.

JJ0609
on 4/5/14 4:12 am

Thanks

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Tanya S.
on 4/5/14 5:08 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Thanks, I try to just buy vanilla flavor powdered protein shakes then flavor it up by the glass. This sounds like a good option.

Kimberly K.
on 4/5/14 5:37 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Cinnamon swirl sounds wonderful Have to try that!

Kim K.    

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views