Nausea

thinkpink91
on 4/5/14 8:18 am - Calgary, Canada
RNY on 02/26/14

I had my surgery on February 26 and ever since I have been nauseas, no matter if I have eaten or not it's to the point I have been put on Zofran ODT every 8 hours.

I'm wondering if anybody else had this problem and if so what helps I am sick and tired of throwing up!

poet_kelly
on 4/5/14 8:54 am - OH

What does your doctor think is making you so nauseous?  What might help depends on what's causing the problem.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

thinkpink91
on 4/5/14 9:06 am - Calgary, Canada
RNY on 02/26/14

I had the surgery in Mexico so I don't have any contact with the surgeon the doctor I saw out here just said that I had surgery and that it's normal to be sick after surgery but I don't think this is normal.

poet_kelly
on 4/5/14 9:07 am - OH

Does the doctor that told you its normal have much experience with RNY patients?  Because I don't think it is normal.  I'd seek another opinion, either from a bariatric surgeon or a gastrenterologist.  Who is supposed to be doing your follow up in the states?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Tanya L.
on 4/6/14 9:59 pm

I was constantly naseous the first 3 months after surgery.  The doctor kept changing my meds but it finally just went away on it's own.  If you are throwing up constantly, then you do need to see a doctor. 

Blackbird1987
on 4/6/14 10:06 pm

Hello!

I had my RNY on February 25th and I was really nauseous when I would walk around too much, wake up in the morning, and pretty much do anything. My surgeon and nurses said that it is normal and not uncommon with RNY. I read a post on here from someone who had it too and they said it magically went away after a few weeks and as of last week, mine is gone! Hang in there. Drink TONS of water 64oz / day and get your protein in and some other foods to help with energy, I think this really helped my nausea go away. 

I also started making it a point to sit down in the morning when I first woke up and NOT brush my teeth but rather slowly sip water and just take deep breaths. This seemed to help at least the morning vomiting.

Recent Topics