What do you log and how do you do it

bdaycakegirl
on 4/5/14 3:11 pm

What all do you log and do you do it through an app or on paper?

I was told to log water and protein. But I think I should do more.

I am allowed soft foods now at less than a week out, but only use them to take my meds (yogurt or applesauce) the rest has been jus****er and a little bit of protein shakes. I need to start working on the protein more. Today I got like 7 grams in.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

tdbull
on 4/5/14 3:41 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I use the free app myfitnesspal and log everything I eat, drink and my exercise. When I plug in my food, it automatically does the grams of protein, fat, sugar, carbs, etc. Easy peazy app and keeps me accountable.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Dukemom
on 4/5/14 10:35 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

I use myfitnesspal too.  It's great because it has such a huge data base of foods - it even had my store's brand of skim milk.  You can also use your phone or tablet to read the barcode of a phone and voila - all the food's info has been entered (you pick the size portion).  I use the website on my laptop most of the time, but your account transfers to your phone and tablet, so you can use whichever is easiest for you at the time.

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

yankeescl
on 4/5/14 10:54 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I have been using myfitnesspal from the very beginning of my journey last July.  It is easy and convenient.  I log every single bit of food that I eat, and it keeps me honest.  I love that I can look at the bottom of the screen and see my totals.  I then know, how many more grams of protein that is needed to meet my goal.  It also links up with my Fitbit!  Good luck and best wishes on your journey.  It has been the most amazing ride of my life!

Patm
on 4/5/14 11:24 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am curious that you are drinking protein shakes but only got 7 grams of protein in. Protein is important fro healing. I hope you can get more in soon

bdaycakegirl
on 4/6/14 2:17 pm

So far I can only get a small amount of the shake down. Today I drank almost acwhole shake. 

ebtiger24
on 4/6/14 12:45 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I log all of my food in myfitnesspal. I also do a calorie plug of about 300 calories to account for crystal light, flavored coffees (like 5 calories worth of flavor, not Starbucks), and just any errors in my guesstimates on serving sizes.  I really only look at protein, calories, and fiber. 

siberiancat
on 4/6/14 1:36 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I am a pen and paper gal.  I had a little notebook in my purse and kept a daily food diary every day for the first 2 1/2 after my RNY.  I can go back and help others because I know what I ate and how I progressed.  I also kept my weight loss by month on a lined colored index card for the 3 years post surgery.

Now I journal daily for 3 months or so every year - just to get  back on track and be accountable.

At one week (where you are ) I was getting 60 grams protein in a day.

Your body has to have protein to heal and function.  You HAVE to find a way to get it in - no option.  I made up my mind to do it - whether I enjoyed it or not.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

bdaycakegirl
on 4/6/14 2:19 pm

I think I'm a paper gal too. 

Im mi impressed you got 60 in. Today I got in 20. I will try harder tomorrow. Thank you! 

Racewalker48
on 4/6/14 2:00 am
RNY on 02/17/14

I currently use a notebook, but will be using FitBit shortly.  I use my notebook primarily for protein and water, but also for vitamins, and anything else I eat.  I also use my book as a journal to capture my overall well being.  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics