Feeling good 2 weeks post op

Kimberly K.
on 4/5/14 11:41 pm
RNY on 03/21/14

Hello OH friends!

Two week post op and feeling really good. Had a little stall but the weight loss picked up again. So far down 9lbs since surgery with total of 23lbs including preop liver shrinking liquid diet. Swelling is gone, steri strips off. Walked 4 times last week and plan to step it up a little more this week distance-wise. Even though I am eating pureed/full liquids with protein supplements, I am using my fitness pal to record everything and I love it! Getting the water in some days better than others but working on it! I am on this board everyday reading and learning, gaining encouragement from the vets here---so grateful.

Last night my husband and I went to the movies. As we were driving down the street it hit me just how bombarded we are with fast food and junk food. A reminder of what an important time this is to learn how to eat properly and adjust to a healthy lifestyle. Had a little bit of an emotional moment thinking about not being able to eat certain foods but then I thought do I really want to? Do I even want to go back to feeling miserable, sluggish and guilt-ridden every day? Hell No!

Kim K.    

gtrdyfor50
on 4/5/14 11:59 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
Sounds like you are doing really well!

Kimberly K.
on 4/6/14 2:22 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Thank you! Wow and look at your success! You are quite the inspiration.

Kim K.    

dccyr
on 4/6/14 1:33 am

Nice!

Kimberly K.
on 4/6/14 10:43 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Thank you!

Kim K.    

Cunning_Pam
on 4/6/14 2:12 am
RNY on 12/18/13

That's excellent, good for you! And it only gets better from here, so keep on track and you'll be amazed at how you feel in a month or two.

I know exactly what you mean about the fast food. I discovered just yesterday that I've developed a blind spot for it at this point. In driving around running errands, I noticed that I no longer even look at the fast food places or billboards that I pass on the roads. They don't even register anymore. Occasionally one slips by the guard I've developed, but for the most part I don't even see them!

Someone on the VSG boards said something that really resonated with me: Discipline is remembering. Thinking about where you were and where you want to be is the way to be able to make the best choices for your health. I agree with this statement, and plan to integrate it into my thinking. Once upon a time I used to eat and then beat myself up: "Why can't I say no? I have no willpower, no discipline!" but for the first time in my life I have the power to make those choices the right way, thanks to WLS and a better mindframe. Sounds like you have the same mindset!

Good luck to you, and enjoy the journey! You're certainly off to a good start. 

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Kimberly K.
on 4/6/14 2:20 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Thank you so much. I like that line of thinking too. Very powerful statement. I just may post that above my desk at work. The person who said it should get credit for the quote. We should have a section here for famous WLS quotes!

Kim K.    

Bella102513
on 4/6/14 2:12 am - Euclid, OH

Way to go!!!! Keep up the great work!!! 

Kimberly K.
on 4/6/14 2:20 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Thank you!

Kim K.    

Tanya S.
on 4/6/14 9:40 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Kimberly, I am at day 13 post op and also had a food alert last week. At the office someone brought a box of fresh glazed donuts. I stayed clear of them all day, but still remembered how good they used to tasted. That night I was reading on OH about the girl that was one year out and had a severe dumping episode after eating a small piece of cake. The next day at work someone else brought TWO boxes of fresh donuts. He (being an old fart) proceeded to stand in front of my desk and eat a chocolate covered donut and say, "so you can't eat these any more huh". I didn't even have an urge to eat one! Instead of remembering how they tasted I could see myself laid out in the floor in agony. It was definitely a triumph over food I have rarely experienced. Because of the WLS and friends here on OH, I know I can triumph over my addiction to food!

Recent Topics
Sat Menu n Workout
quutgrrl · 0 replies · 34 views
Late to the party.
Melody P. · 1 replies · 71 views
Fri Menu n Workout
quutgrrl · 0 replies · 58 views