2 weeks out weight gain

sarah D.
on 4/7/14 11:05 am - CO
RNY on 03/24/14

i am 2 weeks out and am gaining 1 pound a day.  i am only able to eat 2 meals a day and only 30 oz of liquids. is it normal  to not lose weight this early out? am i possibly doing something wrong? i take walks everyday and go out to the store 3 times last week. what should i do?

Sherrie P.
on 4/7/14 12:35 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

You should stay off the scale.

Honestly - they are evil and should be avoided early on.  See how stressed you are by what that hunk of junk is telling you?? 

First - that is not enough liquid. You MUST get hydrated!! Not good.  Second, don't worry about eating... worry about drinking!!! 

RELAX. It is very early out. Most of us gained in the hospital.  You really need to drink more to flush all the fluids out of your body.

Hang in there. It's a marathon. 

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

MrsLitch
on 4/7/14 2:09 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

it's very possible your body is retaining water because you are not getting enough in. Are you having regular BMs? being constipated can also make the weigh creep up. You do need to drink and eat more though or your body is going to hang on to things thinking you are starving.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

poet_kelly
on 4/7/14 10:06 pm - OH

You are retaining water because you are not drinking enough.  You should start drinking at least 64 oz a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JJ0609
on 4/7/14 11:07 pm

When you are not eating, you need to be drinking. Sipping all day long. Right now it is crucial to get in the habit of drinking so much. Your body needs a lot of fluids. If you cannot drink that much regular water add some sugar free flavored packets to it. Do anything you can to increase your intake. Good luck and happy sipping.  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Kimberly K.
on 4/7/14 11:10 pm
RNY on 03/21/14

Everyone here is right. I had my surgery 3/21 and had the same problem. I asked advice like you did and heard exactly what you are being told. I increased the water and made sure I was getting enough protein (I am allowed to drink shakes) and sure enough the weight started coming off. Hang in there! It will come off.

Kim K.    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 25 views