Need some advice on how to get back on track...

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 3:57 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

I am a year and half out. I lost 110 lbs , but since the winter/holidays I started gaining - I am up about 7-9 lbs and starting to feel so out of control. I don't overeat, but do eat things here and there all dang day. I don't want to do this, but having a hard time getting back on track. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem? I didn't do this surgery lightly, so I am asking for help/advice before it get totally out of hand.

Kris        
angilfires
on 4/10/14 4:03 am - lakeside, CA
angilfires
on 4/10/14 4:05 am - lakeside, CA

The links appear to be working fine so just click on them rather than pasting them to your browser.

Good luck.  :)

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 5:05 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Thanks soooo much for these links. I will definitely look at them (once I get off work :) )

Kris        
JJ0609
on 4/10/14 4:15 am

Your reaching out for help and support and we can give you that but you have to do the rest. You have to decide what and how much you put in your mouth and whether or not you regularly exercise. There are tools out there like OH for support and www.myfitnesspal.com for support and as a food and exercise diary but again you have to chose to use them. I hope you chose to use these tools as well as your pouch to help you live life in a healthy state. Good luck! Let me know if you need anything else. Feel free to friend me and ask me questions. If I do not know the answer I will help you find it. Take care!  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 5:09 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Thanks for your support. I definitely know I have to work my body. I have been so good until the winter hit and for some reason, I used that as an excuse. I am an exerciser so I just need to commit again. My son already said he would grab me early tomorrow morning and we would go walk/run before school and work. :) I have such a support system- I am just off track. I will check out the fitness pal and start tracking- That is a wonderful idea!

Kris        
karenp8
on 4/10/14 4:23 am - Brighton, IL

You have taken the first big step by admitting you are off track and asking for help. I am a bit ahead of you at 19 months post op so by no means am I an expert. That said I have been maintaining at the bottom of a normal bmi for 10 months. I measure every bite that I eat at home and record it all in a journal along with my daily (yes daily) exercise. I know that each day is a series of choices and only I can make them. I must hold myself accountable and post my food intake under the thread on here almost daily as well as weigh daily. I make wise choices probably 98% of the time and am honest with myself when I don't. You can do this and get back on track one choice at a time. And you will feel so much better for it!

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 5:24 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Thanks Karen. I was like that before the winter hit...then for some reason, I just slid downward and can't seem to recover. I am going to take your lead (and other supporters) and just make myself accountable for everything that enters my mouth, no more mindless eating...and to get moving again. I felt soooo great doing so. One choice at a time- I like that. :)

Kris        
poet_kelly
on 4/10/14 4:48 am - OH

What's making it hard to get back on track?  Really, you just do it, one choice at a time.  If you're eating here and there all day, stop doing that.  Make a meal plan and stick to it.  Get rid of whatever munchy things you're eating here and there so that all you have available to you (or in the house, anyway) is stuff for your planned meals.

And if you're not attending a WLS support group, start.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

anewbeginning2012
on 4/10/14 5:13 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

I know it is that easy. I will start planning my meals/snacks and stick to them. That is my goal to get back where I want to be. I love my life now and want to continue to do so. I will do this. No more mindless eating- it stops NOW. Thanks for the support. I haven't been going to the WLS group... I will check that out again- and am thinking one is next week. This is a commitment I must follow through with. Thanks again.

Kris        
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 138 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views