ulcers

Marybeth C.
on 4/11/14 5:42 am - Blue Jay, CA

I am 3 1/2 years post op.  I developed numerous ulcers in my stomach 2 years ago.  I did not know that this happens to some people who have the surgery.  Since then I can't eat hardly any meat.  I have problems with regurgitating my food. I'm way off track since then.  I'm living on some salads but I'm eating graham crackers all day and drinking diet sodas.  I had actually lost too much weight and couldn't stop it which is why I started eating graham crackers.  I originally was down to 110 #s and am 5'3".  I have gained 12 pounds and everyone says I look healthier but I'm not healthy I imagine with not eating properly.  I used to drink protein drinks religiously however they cause so much gas that I stopped for the most part.  What shall I do?  Anybody go through any of this?

Marybeth

Cunning_Pam
on 4/11/14 5:46 am
RNY on 12/18/13

When you say you have ulcers in your stomach, do you mean in your pouch or in the blind stomach, first of all?

What does your doctor recommend? If your PCP and/or surgeon are unable to help, have you seen a gastroenterologist? Are you currently taking any meds to try to help the situation, like a PPI?

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

BigPoppa22
on 4/11/14 6:20 am
RNY on 03/21/14

your drinking soda after RNY? I cant imagine that this is helping the situation any. The soda is very acidic and most likely will be more detrimental than helpful.

anewbeginning2012
on 4/11/14 6:46 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Drinking soda does not help...  I hope you are working on this with your doc and they are able to help you. I was told early out that ulcers are very common if you don't follow plan (drinking too much alcohol, soda, greasy foods, NSAIDS, chocolate, too much caffeine...) Is your doctor giving you anything to help with the ulcer? I do not know about this first hand, but I sure hope someone comments on here to help you get through this. Please see your doc if you aren't already.

Kris        
Naomi P.
on 4/11/14 6:54 am
RNY on 04/21/14

You should call your Dr. And I hope you feel better soon.

•  

shawna W.
on 4/11/14 12:20 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

I have an ulcer right now and im also living off graham crackers and toast.... my stomach cant stand anything more than that. at first it was okay I could still eat even when taking my Carafate...but now I cant even with my Carafate...only graham crackers and toast...and water I hate having too much carb in my day...

HW: 358 SW: 316   

sonyamarie75
on 4/12/14 7:02 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

I am dealing with this right now... I'd keep following up with your doctor. There are different things they can try. Carafate is only one tool. It protects the ulcers, but you probably need a PPI too. Sometimes you have to try more than one, twice a day vs once a day. See your doc again!

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views