Whoever posted about adding healthy salt to water...

april89love
on 4/12/14 3:17 am - NC

Thank you! Adding the pink himalayan salt has helped keep my system running more smoothly. I put a small pinch in my water bottle ever time I fill it. The pink salt is the only salt we use at home but I wasn't getting enough before.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Nova B.
on 4/12/14 5:12 am - Northglenn, CO
RNY on 04/15/14 with

I did that today too!  I added a pinch of Celtic salt and a bit of lemon juice to my water.  :)

RRach
on 4/12/14 5:36 am

What does it help do? :)

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

april89love
on 4/12/14 5:52 am - NC

The healthy salt, not refined table salt, (usually grey or pink salt) has all the naturally occurring minerals in it not just sodium. They work together to balance the water retention and other processes. Water is absorbed from the colon and it seems to balance the uptake. I read an article recently and I wish I could give you the link, but my memory is the pits. something about sodium, potassium, magnesium and other minerals working together in balance. Table salt only has sodium, and it is heavily refined.

Sandy

BelieveInFaith
on 4/12/14 7:42 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

I recently discovered the pink himalayan salt and must say I LOVE it.  

Never accept NO for an answer.

april89love
on 4/12/14 10:19 am - NC

I used to have problems with pitted edema quite often but since switching to healthier salt I can use tons of it and not swell. If I eat out though, I can definitely tell the difference in the salt.

Sandy