04/11/2014 ...3 years post op

Marilyn101
on 4/12/14 11:28 pm - FL

Hello Everyone.. I wanted to share with my OH family how I feel about my journey. I will start by saying I do not regret the decision of having my WLS. I know that I did the best thing for me. My weight at the e time of my surgery was 430lbs. My lowest weight achieved was 230lbs and I now weigh 257llb. Down 173 lbs of my highest weight.  I feel great off of all but one medication. No sleep apnea any more sugars are good and Bp is great. I have accomplished so many things I never thought I would be able to do. I was able to participate in the Susan G komen 3day 60 mile walk in 2012 and 2013. And fished both times. I have also participated in few 5k . I who barely could walk from the parking lot of my work place to my desk with out stopping several times. I have been very blessed that I have had no other challenges along the way. To all that are looking into doing this for you.. Do some research, asked questions this is not a fix it is a tool. I put off this decision for over a year before I went through with it. Working out is so important eating right drinking the protein, following the rules in order to make the best of this tool. I want to lose the 27lbs I have gained in the last year and I will, only because although ou are told you may gain up to 20 pounds back when it is all said and done I have gain7 more pounds than that and to be very honest I feel uncomfortable with the extra weight. So back to doing what I need to do to get it off. Overall I want to thank God for all his blessing and my family for all of the support and love.

Jen Lyn
on 4/12/14 11:31 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

Congratulations! Completing those walks is an amazing accomplishment and took real dedication.

Marilyn101
on 4/15/14 4:30 am - FL

Thank you so much, It was really a incredible experience.. One that if not for my WLS surgery I would have never been able to do.

Daisydoo02
on 4/13/14 1:10 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Congrats on your loss, that is a wonderful accomplishment!  And wow on doing all those walks, I think you are doing amazing.  Its great that you recognize what you need to do to get those few pounds off that are bugging you.  But you are healthy and moving/walking and doing great.  Very proud of you Marilyn!!

Keep up the great work!! 

Daisy 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Marilyn101
on 4/15/14 4:33 am - FL

Thank you so much for your kind words. It has been a incredible journey.

RRach
on 4/13/14 2:10 am

I am in the same weight range as you. I pray I am as successful as you are!  Thank you for sharing your journey. I have faith you'll be able to keep shedding lbs. I think you have a great sense of aware and posting it was not only inspirational but admirable!! You got this and I hope to be just like you!! :)

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

Marilyn101
on 4/15/14 4:36 am - FL

I am sure you will succeed, please fee free to reach out if I can be of any help.. Thank you for your well wishes  :)

tdbull
on 4/13/14 2:10 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congrats on your success, and for catching your weight gain earlier rather than later. You can do this!! Wishing you the best - just go back to the basics.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Marilyn101
on 4/15/14 4:38 am - FL

Thank you so much for your well wishes and words of inspiration

White Dove
on 4/13/14 2:20 am - Warren, OH

Here is my advise for losing the regain:

1. Go to If It Fits Your Macros site and calculate your daily needs (iifym.com)
  2. Download myfitnesspal and start using it daily after putting in your goals from iifym 
  3. Take measurements once a week and record in myfitnesspal
  4. Weigh yourself at least once a day and track your weights in myfitnesspal
  5. Weigh and measure your food and track everything in myfitnesspal
  6. Be realistic about the time needed to lose.  Two pounds a week is very aggressive

This is my way and I have maintained now at almost seven years out from RNY.  Others will give different advise but consider their individual success.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?