multivitamins

Eno
on 4/14/14 7:54 am - ocala, FL

I'm very new at this and still deciding what are the best multivitamins out there do you guys have any suggestions for me

poet_kelly
on 4/14/14 9:03 am - OH

According to the American Society for  Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, any ADULT multi with 100% of the RDA of most stuff in it, that has things like copper, zinc and selenium, is fine.

So something like Centrum, or a generic equivalent, is fine.  I use the Family Wellness brand from Family Dollar.  Practically identical to Centrum but only $4 a bottle.

If you want a chewable vitamins, Celebrate, Bariatric Advantage or Building Blocks are all good brands.  But the ASMBS says it doesn't have to be chewable.

Stay away from Flintstones - they do NOT havee 100% of the RDA of things and have NO selenium, so they do not meet the ASMBS guidelines.

Stay away from gummy vitamins because they are missing a BUNCH of stuff.

Stay away from all-in-one brands like Bariatric Fusion and Optisource unless you want to take EIGHT of them a day (even though the bottle says you only need four, to meet the ASMBS guidelines you need EIGHT) PLUS additional calcium citrate, iron and B12.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SHMILY
on 4/14/14 11:08 am

I take a great chewable pre natal vitamin. I get it from Puritans Pride. PM me for specific name. 2 per day

Surgery Feb 26, 2014. Starting wt 270 lbs

Eno
on 4/14/14 11:16 am - ocala, FL

Thanks im trying to get everything together for my surgery and i have never taking a viatim so they were new to me .

Jen 1959
on 4/14/14 11:33 am - NH

Hi Kelly, how many are in the bottle?    I have a Family Dollar in my town.

Thanks

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

poet_kelly
on 4/14/14 11:33 am - OH

I think 100.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jen 1959
on 4/14/14 11:37 am - NH

I think I will pay my Family Dollar a visit tomorrow.

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

SHMILY
on 4/14/14 1:28 pm

You should always make sure all vitamins have the UPH code stamped on them

Surgery Feb 26, 2014. Starting wt 270 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 309 views
What's on your Monday Menu?