What is your protein drink/powder of choice

JJ0609
on 4/21/14 9:22 pm

Ready made Muscle Milk Pro Series 40 Mint Chocolate Overload and Intense Vanilla and Muscle Milk Banana Crème & Strawberry Crème

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Missella20
on 4/22/14 1:55 am
RNY on 07/11/13

My favorite thing right now is a strawberry banana smoothie made with unflavored whey protein powder from GNC and vanilla Greek yogurt, crystal light lemonade and ice blended. 36 g of protein and about 300 calories

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

siberiancat
on 4/22/14 4:21 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I'm 5 years post RNY.  I tried dozens and dozens of protein drinks (liquid & powder) the first year.  Your taste will change - so keep trying and you may find something you couldn't stand at one month will taste good to you at 6 months or later.

I now only use two protein powders - Bluebonnet chocolate and Bluebonnet vanilla (sweetner is Stevia).  I add Torani or DaVinci sugar free syrups to get different flavors (peppermint, pumpkin, Irish Cream, lots of berry and fruit flavors, coffee, hazelnut, pecan, peanut butter, french vanilla, Kahluea, Dulche de leche, caramel, etc.)

I use these 2 proteins powders for hot protein drinks, smoothies & in greek yogurt.

Keep experimenting.  I use protein powder every day.  For emergencies or for when I don't feel like my pouch can tolerate "solid food", I use ready to drink ProJoe from Bariatric Advantage.  Is is less than 10 ounces, smooth consistency and 25 grams protein.  I consider it a meal replacement.

Best wishes, Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

surfmind
on 4/22/14 8:39 am

ID Life Chocolate 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?