Hi, I'm back...

Betty S.
on 5/2/14 2:34 am - Mesa, AZ

Hello all. I was active here a long time ago, and very involved with the group when I had surgery over 5 years ago. I've kind of fallen away, just busy with life. I'm still at my weight, doing my protein drink and vitamins daily, and so far, all my labs are good. I want to get involved with you all again, give support where you want. I'm looking at going to the conference in August, just to remind myself where I come from. Because at this point, I live 'normally'. I watch my sugar intake, eat protein first, but otherwise, I'm just living life.

How are you all?

betty

JJ0609
on 5/2/14 2:39 am, edited 5/2/14 2:39 am

Welcome back, Betty! I am Sara. I am 5 years out in June. I am glad you checked in  and logged onto OH. I look forward to getting to know you. I am trying to get about 10 lbs. off that my doctor wants me to lose but my body is not budging. I am learning that I may not reach his goal and to not let him define me.   

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Betty S.
on 5/2/14 2:48 am - Mesa, AZ

Hi Sara. Yes, I lost all my weight in 8 months, and have just stayed there. I would like to take that last 10-15 pounds off too, but my surgeon is thrilled with me as I am, my sister says I already look too skinny. The extra skin doesn't help, makes it look like fat. I did have a panni a couple of years ago in association with a hernia repair. It's funny, when I was at my highest I would have been satisfied to be the weight I am today, but today...just a LITTLE more...

tdbull
on 5/2/14 3:25 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
5 years and maintaining your weight loss. It can be done and I'm loving that you're returning to help us rather newbies in maintenance.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Betty S.
on 5/3/14 1:14 am - Mesa, AZ

I won't pretend to be the smartest cookie in the bag, but I'm here for you!

karenp8
on 5/2/14 3:30 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on being 5 years out and doing well at maintaining! I hope I can say the same in 3 years! I am 2 years post op at the end of August and have lost140 pounds. I love my new active and healthy life and enjoy meeting and encouraging people here on OH.

Healthyjourney
on 5/2/14 4:04 am

Hi Betty, I've only joined here a few months ago. I had RNY about 3 and 1/2 years ago. Been doing great thus far. I have been working on a web site offering information and inspiration to others. I need people like yourself who have been through the process to share their before and after photos and their weight loss journey as encouragement for those who may be deciding if WLS is right for them or for those who may be struggling a bit after their surgery. Please feel free to visit and add to the site. I would appreciate all the help and inspiration others have to offer.        http://www.gastric-bypass-journey.com/before-and-after-gastr ic-bypass.html 

Betty S.
on 5/3/14 1:14 am - Mesa, AZ

thanks!

Lori W.
on 5/2/14 5:05 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

Thank you for coming back and posting. As a pre-surgery newbie, I'm taking in everything I can. The maintenance successes get me all the more motivated. Congratulations.

Betty S.
on 5/3/14 1:15 am - Mesa, AZ

Yes, many of us make it through just fine, and this site was a big reason for me.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 370 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404