Nausea.... Every day!

BlackRoseRNY
on 5/2/14 3:50 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

Hey my bariatric Buddies.  I am 6 weeks post op and as of a week and a half ago, I've been nauseous on and off throughout the day. I've not thrown up but this feeling is very uncomfortable. Has anyone else been through this?  And could you spare some tips? 

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/2/14 5:11 am

Dehydration can cause that. Major issue.  Not enough salt - when you get nausea - see if putting a pinch of salt at the back of your tongue would help. 

Ginger tea.- that worked best for me.. 

Watching what you eat - some food that I found I was allergic too later on- manifested itself with nausea first.  Too much sugar - even natural - like in milk or fruits - always get me "in" even now. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

BlackRoseRNY
on 5/2/14 6:36 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

awesome advice! Thank you so much

MickeyDee
on 5/2/14 10:36 am

My surgeon told me to use OTC Prilosec once/day for the first six weeks.  Never had a problem w/nausea during recovery.  Definitely check hydration as that can be a big cause of nausea.  

BlackRoseRNY
on 5/2/14 11:08 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

thanks for the info! I do believe I am dehydrated

Cunning_Pam
on 5/2/14 10:55 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'd second the mention of possible dehydration, nausea can definitely be a symptom of that. Try pushing really hard to get 80 to 100 oz of fluids a day and see if that helps. Also, are you on any PPI or other acid reducing medication? Excess acid can trigger nausea.

Good luck! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

BlackRoseRNY
on 5/2/14 11:07 am
RNY on 03/19/14 with

I did not know excess acid would do that! Thanks for the info. I think I am dehydrated

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
Recent Topics