Holy Cr**!!!

kbb0185
on 5/4/14 11:38 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

I went to my first seminar on April 9th.  I just talked to my doctors office, and I have one more test scheduled for 05-28 and then I am done with everything and ready to schedule surgery!  It will most likely be next month!

I can't believe how fast this is happening.  Now I am scared and nervous!  

I feel like I have been food mourning, which I am really trying to stop!  I have been out of control at times, and good about 70% of the time.   I have been doing my best to follow my nutritionists plans, but could be doing much better.  I guess I am just venting, seeing if anyone else went through this too.

jefferytmc
on 5/5/14 12:17 am

I went through it big time.

My surgeon's main thing was just don't gain weight from the starting point or you will not get approved from insurance.

Thankfully I did not have to lose much weight to have surgery.

So, I got down some but then started eating everything that I thought I could never have again.  My wife had it 3 months before I did, and I guess watching some of what she was eating in the first couple of months, made it worse for me.

Thankfully I did not gain, I was still down a few lbs at pre-op.

Now, I am almost 3 months post op and I can "have" more stuff, but I find I am making better choices.

I am not suggesting yo do not need to follow the NUT guidelines, that will help tremendously, but for me, post surgery, I have wanted to eat better.

I have had a small treat from time to time, but I am eating way more fruits and veggies.  Eating out less.  Not wanting fried foods.  Drinking more water.

Especially since I started working out hard.  I have found that I want to feel good and making better choices helps me feel good.

Hang in there, it gets better.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

kbb0185
on 5/5/14 12:22 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Thank you Jeffrey!  I am trying to stay away from the scale until my next doctors visit.  I was really good the first week, and really bad over the weekend.  The day I went to see my surgeon IDK if it was nerves but I wanted to eat everything in site!

It must have been tough knowing what was coming while watching your wife.  My husband is 180 lbs and 6'2", and while he is completely supportive, he can and does eat whatever he wants, and I know the choices are mine and I do not expect him to change his habits, but I will make healthier choices around the house.

I was pretty good last weekend, and am trying to be conscious about making my food decisions, instead of my usual compulsiveness.

I am excited about the journey ahead!

Betty S.
on 5/5/14 12:19 am - Mesa, AZ

This is great news! Make sure you spend time getting ready, which might help with the eating. Are you getting together the things that you will need? Are you getting rid of the food items that you won't use anymore? This is the time to research, figure out what protein powder you want, buy the things you will need. If you focus on what is coming up, the food mourning will probably lessen. And remember, none of your favorite things are going away forever-sometime down the road, you will be able to have whatever it is that you like again, but just not the same way as you have it now.

There isn't a single food that I used to eat that I haven't tried since surgery, and I've maintained my weight loss. Some things I will never do again, because of the results of that eating (yes, I can STILL dump) but now I'm happy with an appetizer plate at the restaurant, or take away boxes. The idea of a buffet stills brings stars to my eyes, but the reality of all-you-can-eat is completely different.

So start getting ready, because you are in for the ride of your life!

kbb0185
on 5/5/14 12:26 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Ahh!  I know, I really expected it to be in August or September, and now I'm looking at June!  

I have bought protein powders and the Atkins protein drinks.  My NUT explained a low carb (15 mg every 3-4 hours) diet which is what I have been playing around with and trying to practice.  I have heard that you are not supposed to buy too much ahead of time.  I will be going through my cupboards to get rid of the bad stuff, but I really do not keep a whole lot of it around the house.  I am worse with the drive thru coffee shops!

tdbull
on 5/5/14 12:49 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I didn't have a pre op diet, so I was able to eat right up until the day before my surgery, and yes, I ate an overabundance of all of the foods that made me obese. Every time I ate something, I would say, "I'll never get to eat chocolate cake, or whatever again". It was sad but I made it thru and now I don't miss any of those foods. You'll do great.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Tereasa R.
on 5/5/14 1:15 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 05/29/14

I've been retraining my brain to "Eat to Live, not Live to Eat". It's really hard but my surgery date is May 28th and I have 10 more pounds to lose and I will not wait any longer for this. I'm scared and nervous too, but also so excited. I bought these protein shakes from Sam's Club and Costco called Premier Protein and they are pretty darn good. They are low in carbs and sugar and have 30 grams of protein. I've been drinking these like crazy and have lost 11 lbs so far in only 3-4 weeks. I eat baked chicken and baked sweet potatoes a lot too. Whatever I have to do to get the surgery, I'm doing. If I get tempted, I just think about how close I am and it stops me in my tracks!

Good luc****ep us posted on your surgery date

iHeartTeas
on 5/5/14 12:28 pm

I am not where you are but I do feel the rush. 3 weeks ago I went to a seminar. 2 weeks later my consultation, tomorrow my Psych Eval. Then next week my appointment with the dietitian. It's incredible.  I went from thinking about to go from Band to Bypass, and now finding out I could be having surgery in 2 months. I feel like it's a whirlwind.

Best of luck to you!

pebtash
on 5/6/14 6:49 am
VSG on 11/25/14

your lucky it is going so fast for you it did for my niece too. I have to wait at least 6 months before my insurance will even consider it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views