Simple, low budget, easy recipes for college student??

canttouchus
on 5/5/14 6:32 am
RNY on 01/07/14

Hi friends!

I'm about 4 months out and I'm looking for some new recipes/snacks I can make that are simple and cheap! I'm getting kind of sick of eating the same few meals every day.

I'm still having some difficulty with pork and beef, but other than that I can eat pretty much anything (obviously not sweets/a ton of carbs).

Could you all give me some ideas? I don't really have tons of time to cook (this week is final week! eek!) so quick meals are appreciated! Thanks :)

"There is strength inside of you that you have yet to discover."

poet_kelly
on 5/5/14 7:34 am - OH

Beans.  Really cheap, good source of protein, complex carbs and fiber, low in fat, and you can do all kinds of things with them. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

melissa_musicjunkie
on 5/5/14 8:26 am
RNY on 08/01/13

I am really enjoying the Morningstar Farms veggie meats. They are around $4 per box and you can easily get four servings out of a box. Microwaveable, low cal, high protein and TASTY! Except for the meatballs...I wasn't a fan of the meatballs. I like the buffalo nuggets cut up on a salad. :) Black bean and mediterranean burgers are also really good and usually in my freezer at any given time. Don't forget your fruits and veggies, too!

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

Brimiller808
on 5/5/14 12:14 pm, edited 5/5/14 12:14 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 10/29/13

Soups are great for a low budget meal. Think beans, chicken and anything else high in protein. Jus****ch the sodium. Make a batch yourself and freeze individual servings for leftovers. I love soup!

dorky_kelly
on 5/6/14 2:21 am
RNY on 12/11/12

I did a lot with cottage cheese.  Buy a big tub.  You can make it sweet with fruits or on the savory side with marinara sauce.  Very versatile!

AGE:  29  |  HEIGHT:  5'5"  |  HW:  375  |  SW:  349 (12/11/12)

Food Journal/Exercise Log 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?