GARDENING -- a HUGE NSV :O)

alaskasusan
on 5/10/14 8:11 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Soooo happy!  First of all, I started the day off with a great, very hard, workout at the gym with my trainer.  Had a light lunch and then, since the snow is FINALLY gone AND it's a sunny day (yay skippy), I decided to tackle getting my 22 raised garden beds ready to plant PLUS clean up the greenhouse to get going with some new bedding plant starts (can't do it until it stays above 50 at nights and I think (hope) we'll be okay).  Well, let me just tell you that as much as I love working in my garden it has always just worn me out before I get one or two beds turned over and tilled up.  BUT THIS YEAR IT IS SOOOO DIFFERENT!  I am still going great guns, and not even winded.  EVERYthing about me is stronger and I have such stamina and energy.  TODAY is my real-deal payoff for the surgery 15 months ago. 

Woo hoo, just had to run and and share with those who get it!!  :)

Bubbles314
on 5/10/14 8:50 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Great job, the joy in your message shines.  Can't wait to experience this.

JLS_NJ
on 5/10/14 9:07 am
RNY on 10/15/13

I completely love reading NSV's!  They motivate my day! 

Enjoy!

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/10/14 9:38 am
RNY on 12/18/13

You can garden in Alaska?? 

Just kidding. So glad to hear you're enjoying yourself that much! It's a wonderful feeling to be able to do things we've always wanted to but just couldn't physically accomplish, isn't it?

Congratulations! You've earned this. /cheer

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/10/14 11:58 am - OH

Yay!

i had my surgery 7 years ago, but was still very limited by knees that needed replaced. After replacing one last March and one last November, I am finally able to do almost anything I have the strength for in the yard/garden.

I am completely redoing the back of my yard, which meant having trees taken down and literally starting from bare dirt all the way across.  I have moved flowers, carried large tree trunk pieces, stacked the wood once those pieces were split, planted new bushes and new flowers, moved dirt to even out the yard, etc.!  I was so excited when I worked my ass off for two days straight and could actually still move around the third morning without pain!

Yep, these are the true rewards!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

tdbull
on 5/10/14 1:15 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Love hearing about all of these NSVs. The things ppl who have never been obese take for granted, we are so thankful for now.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 240 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics