Sour mouth

BiggieSmalls
on 5/11/14 11:22 am

I am a wedding planner so yesterday I had a super long and vigorous wedding that had me on my feet running around for about 14 hours. I De***** in all my liquids plus some, as well as I have 3 mini meals with my last one being 3oz of rockfish, some wild rice, and asparagus. I was feeling a little hungry on my way home almost if I burned off all my food and needed to "fill the tank" (4 hours since dinner). At this point I started getting this really awful sour/tart taste in the back of my tongue and mouth. 

I could not not get rid of it no matter how much I drank. Song finally broke down and popped some gum to get me through the remainder of my drive. When that didn't really work I broke down and run through a drive through and had a little grilled chicken and the taste subsided. Anyone else had this happen? I'm wondering if it was acid or something of the like that was making this happen. 

HW: 278 SW: 273  CW: 198 GW: 170 surgery 3/3/14  bypass 

Sandsweetpea
on 5/11/14 11:55 pm

It was refreshing to see your post.  I thought I was the only one suffering from the sour mouth.  I've had it frequently since my bypass on 4/18/14.  The only thing I've found to help was brushing my teeth and tongue.  Needless to say my teeth are really clean!!!  LOL!   I too would love to know if anyone else out there is going thru this and what it's caused from.

jazzycatz
on 5/12/14 6:04 am - Joppa, MD

Are you sure it's not ketosis? Ketones are released into the breath when your body burns fat. (Some argue that it is not caused by ketones but by excessive protein.) I used a spray they sell for dry mouth. Biotene? It helped a tiny bit.

If it is ketosis then you just have to ride it out. Mine lasted a few weeks.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 318 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 318 views