I cried

Kimberly K.
on 5/19/14 10:38 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Like most of us I have MANY sizes of clothes in my closet. In fact, during the first few weeks post op I arranged all of my clothes in my closet from largest to smallest, dreaming of fitting into the next smallest size. So I tried on several things from tops to my nursing scrubs and they fit! The next smallest size fits! I cried tears of joy. This is really happening. I am actually losing weight! Trying to remain mindful of the food choices I make and keep gratitude in my heart. I don't ever want to back to the way it was before surgery.

Kim K.    

Daisydoo02
on 5/19/14 10:59 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Kimberly, an absolute wonderful NSV!!! Smart on you with keeping the "smaller" clothes, I love that.  Looks like your dreams are coming through and tears of joy are good, very good.  You are two months post op and down 65 lbs you should be so incredibly proud of yourself!!  And Dorothy you are not in Kansas anymore, its really happening and you really are rockin this tool!!  

Keep up the great work!!! Proud of you!!

Daisy

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Kimberly K.
on 5/19/14 11:08 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Well Daisy, Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement! I love how we all support each other here! Just for the record, I am down 42 lbs with 65 left to go. That's ok, getting there and feeling fab. It's funny, I'm not a fast loser but not worried about it. I know it's coming off. Thank you so much for the reply, my friend.

Kim K.    

alaskasusan
on 5/19/14 11:05 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Way to go, such a wonderful feeling, isn't it!!  I NEVER used to shop for clothes, wore the same 3 dresses and sweaters for literally years (my poor work-mates LOL)!  Well, today I was getting a few veggies at Fred Meyers (Krogers in other areas), and looked at some clothes on sale. It was WEIRD walking by the Women's sizes -- just walked right by them -- to go the the 'regular' size sales racks.  WOW!  Got 3 shirts size medium for $7 each.  I am not at goal yet, got a 3-month-long stall so far, but I am so much smaller and my brains have NOT caught up with me yet.  Was just really fun reading your post, you are doing awesome!!  :)

Kimberly K.
on 5/19/14 11:13 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Thank you Susan! Look at your weight loss, wow! I can see why it would take awhile for you to wrap your brain around that but I'm pretty sure your brains will stay the same size, lol. Congrats on that size medium! You are an inspiration

Kim K.    

Dcgirl
on 5/19/14 11:12 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Kim!  At less than two months post-op, you are almost halfway to your goal!!!  That is so awesome!  I know what you mean about keeping it front and center, and never losing this feeling of gratitude and dedication.  You're doing great so far!!!

Kimberly K.
on 5/19/14 11:15 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Thank you Emily. I never thought of the halfway there thing! You have an amazing way of putting things into perspective and keeping us all optimistic!

Kim K.    

Cunning_Pam
on 5/19/14 1:17 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Good for you, Kim! I'm so happy to see you doing so well. You're going to be at your goal before you know it, and dressing in all those cute, smaller clothes.

Rock on!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

SHMILY
on 5/19/14 3:08 pm

Congratulations!! I have sorted through things that don't fit anymore, to sell. I never knew I had so many pair of pants!!! It is so rewarding when the size goes down...(I have plenty in my closet too)

Surgery Feb 26, 2014. Starting wt 270 lbs

Kimberly K.
on 5/19/14 10:15 pm
RNY on 03/21/14

Yes, it starts to pile up and being somewhat of a neat freak I don't tolerate extra stuff lying around well. Saving the smaller sizes was hard for me but I knew it my heart I would have WLS at some point. So glad I did! The WLS support group at the hospital where I had surgery has a clothing exchange coming up soon. I think that is very cool.

Kim K.    

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 504 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 269 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 279 views