Miralax and ankle swelling

tdbull
on 5/24/14 11:49 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I know that laxatives can cause swelling, especially in ankles. I have always had some swelling, but it seems since I am taking a capful of Miralax now that my ankles seem to be swelling more than usual. Does Miralax cause this? Taking Miralax every day seems to be the only thing that keeps me regular and not constipated so I don't want to stop unless I need to. Any advice or others who may have experienced this?

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

poet_kelly
on 5/24/14 1:06 pm - OH

I don't think so.  I googled side effects of Miralax and found things like cramping, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness and sweating, but nothing about swelling in the ankles or elsewhere.  You could ask your pharmacist, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/24/14 11:31 pm

I take that 3-4 capfulls a day and I did not noticed thast reaction. If nothing else - Miralax pulls water into the colon so it also acts like diuretic.  

Leg edema sometimes is caused by very low protein level.. How is you proteins intake ? When was your last blood work? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 238 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics