just wanted to talk about my journey so far

missingmom821
on 5/30/14 8:24 am - Pulaski, NY

I am 16 days post op for RNY.  I had my surgery 5/14/14   I ended up having to stay in the hopsital an extra day because I was bleeding internally due to the doctor nicking a blood vessel, I had to have 3 units of blood and developed a huge bruise on my left side stretching from the front to the back.  I  ended up back in the day after i got home due to pain and dehydration....  Full speed ahead I am doing great not really in a lot of pain and down 34 pounds since my surgery!!!!! :) I would do this over and over again!!!!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/30/14 9:33 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm glad to hear things have gotten better after starting out with complications. Good to hear about your loss so far, that's fantastic! You'll keep feeling better and better as you get further out.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

missingmom821
on 5/30/14 10:32 am - Pulaski, NY

Thank you!!!!!!!  It was a little hard the first few days but its so much better now!!! :)

tdbull
on 5/30/14 4:00 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
So glad you're feeling good now. I know what it's like to have post op complications and I was wishing that I never would have had this surgery. But once I got on track and feeling normal, I now think it's the best thing I ever did.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Healthyjourney
on 5/31/14 4:28 am

Congratulations on your weight loss. Glad you are feeling better and hopefully no more complications! The first few weeks after my surgery were the worst. But after that you start to feel better quickly. Good luck. I was intrigued by your name "missingmom821" I had RNY over 3 years ago and have been work on a web site about it offering inspiration and information to others. I dedicated to my mom whom I lost due to complications of her obesity her entire life. Please check it out sometime.  htp:gastric-bypass-juorney.com 

takingcontrolguy
on 5/31/14 7:06 am - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/10/13 with

What a great attitude in spite of your complications!  I'm six months out and nothing compared to the difficulty of first few weeks post-op, but just like you see in the replies so far - it really does get easier, more comfortable and better. Maybe not daily, but with the passing weeks you will feel even better about your choice than you do now! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 759 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 88 views
Recent Topics