Not feeling restriction

we3crews
on 6/4/14 1:52 pm

I had RNY on 4/21/14 and I am just curious when others started to feel restriction while eating? I was released to try reg foods. I measure my food and make sure I am getting the correct amount of protein. I worry if I am doing things right, my SW:377 and my CW:337 but I am nervous that I have done something to my pouch since I never feel any restriction 

MrsLitch
on 6/4/14 3:18 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

your nerves were cut and you won't feel hungry or full for a while more than likely. that is why it is important to measure your food and eat just what you are allowed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

jefferytmc
on 6/5/14 12:09 am

What was said above.

And if you are eating the amount you are supposed to, you are fine.

You cannot really have damaged anything if you were doing the right things in such a short period of time.

Believe me, if you pu**** you will be throwing up and you will know you have a restriction.  So, keep to measuring food and you should be fine.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

lomercha
on 6/5/14 1:13 am

What they said above. Also, don't let your head/mind get you caught up in the whole..."have I stretched or ruined my pouch". NOTHING helpful comes from going down that rabbit trail. I am 5 years out and while eating is more comfortable now, and I have learned to eat around my restriction (slider foods)... All I have to do is eat fast, not chew enough or try some bread and it is clear my pouch is still there and functioning! Keep doing what you are doing and trust the process.

siberiancat
on 6/5/14 1:50 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Even at 5 years out from my RNY - I still eat the serving sizes my bariatric center gave me - the exception is if I feel like I'm going to get sick I STOP no matter how much is left.  Just can't trust "feeling" the fullness of pouch  kind or the emotional "feelings".  Stick with "truth" of the serving size you are to have at each stage of the way.

By the way - I just had a EGD (endoscopy) by my bariatric surgeon and she said my pouch was perfect.  Just do what you are told.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

jenorama
on 6/5/14 3:39 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I never had a situation where I felt like I had NO restriction, but I felt like I was eating more than I should be able to.  I never ate myself sick (well, once--soup on top of egg.  Bad idea!), but I did find that around 5-6 months after that it seemed like my restriction increased.  I think that was due to nerve healing as the other posters mentioned above.  You sound like you've got your head on straight with your protein and portions--don't be tempted to tempt the tummy fates!

Jen

selhard
on 6/5/14 12:03 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

My first time feeling restriction was after eating three Triscuit crackers with some cheese--not pouch-friendly. Ouch.

we3crews
on 6/5/14 2:03 pm

Thanks everyone, I think I just need to get past this nervous feeling 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 204 views