Almost Liquid Foods

mimiof2wins
on 6/6/14 12:47 pm - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

Just curious to know how many of you practice the 30 minute wait policy when eating foods like yogurt, pudding, etc.?

basilmk
on 6/6/14 1:52 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

I had been counting yogurt and puddings as liquids but was never quite sure.  At my six-week check, I asked my doctor and he laughed as he told me they were food, not liquid.  Apparently, that's a common question.

Go figure.

So, I started treating them like food and did/do the 30 minute wait.

Like everything else, there are probably differing opinions on this. 

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/6/14 3:52 pm

Imagine a funnel.  Now pu****er in it - it drains rather fast.  Now put pudding.  If it is thick pudding - it will stay in it much longer than water, but not as long as dense proteins, same with Greek type yogurt.  But if you add water- you may fla**** out rather quickly.  

I treat anything that has some "thickness" as a meal

The baby spoon test: stick as small  plastic spoon in a middle of the food. If it stays up - it is a meal. It it flops to the side - it is liquidy. Ice cream does not count. (You need some volumed of the food - 2 oz is not enough, I typically test it in its original container or in larger volume.  I test like that my stew.  It it is too sloppy-- I either drain more liquid or add some filler - I.e little bit of ground chia - fiber will swell and make it more "solid". 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

mimiof2wins
on 6/6/14 11:56 pm - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

Thanks Hala, that helps me to visualize it better.  I guess I better start the 30 minute policy on my yogurt and pudding snack too.

gtrdyfor50
on 6/7/14 1:24 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I do, I figure every little bit helps with keeping food in there as long as possible.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics