getting my dancing feet ready..

Eno
on 6/19/14 9:59 pm - ocala, FL

Spent like 4 hours doing my pre op yesterday... Im super excited for surgery. I have to wear a wrist band untill surgery i kinda hate it.. but oh well i talked to my Dr whose doing my RNY he is amazing i asked him if i feel up to it can i go home. He is thinking about discharging me the same day he has never done it but he said im a trooper im young and can bounce back. He told me to quit my job and work with him lol.. I start my clear liq diet tomorrow im excited and not so excited but *****ally is... 

How was everyone feeling 4 days till surgery? What did Take to the hospital?

karenp8
on 6/19/14 11:46 pm - Brighton, IL

I like you was very excited for surgery. I was so tired of hurting and being miserable that I was ready to get the losing started. I didn't take much to the hospital with me as I only stayed one night and went home the very next day. I took my cellphone and charger,a book to read,and wore the same comfortable clothes home. I had a pillow in the car to put on my stomach on the way home. I didn't take a robe but just got an extra gown to wear backwards for walking. Make sure to walk as much as you can as it decreases the pain from gas and makes recovery much better. I had very little pain and never took anything other than Tylenol when I came home. Hopefully you will have an easy recovery too. Even if not,it will all be worth it in the end. After being obese my whole life I am now a normal size person at 22 months out from my surgery. I walk over 3 miles as day for fun and have normal blood sugars and blood pressure and no back or knee pain. I truly am thankful every day for my surgery and my a second chance at life!

Cunning_Pam
on 6/19/14 11:56 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

It's exciting to know that very soon, your life will be changing so drastically (for the better, of course!) I hope you have a smooth surgery and an uneventful recovery.

I know you think you want to go home the same day, but I'd encourage you to stay in the hospital for at least that first night. Even if you feel great afterward you have to remember that you will be having major surgery. Just because there are five or six little incisions on your abdomen, don't be fooled into thinking that it's no big deal. By all means, stay upbeat and positive, but let yourself hang out for a day in the hospital where you'll have a great team of nurses to keep an eye on you, just in case. Then if you feel great the next day and the doctor agrees, head for home with the knowledge that you're off to a great start!

I didn't take much to the hospital. Just my phone and charger, my fluffy robe (I wore it just over my shoulder on the side where I had my IV,) my Kindle (which I never even picked up) and a toothbrush. The hospital provided everything else, and then I wore the same clothes home that I'd worn in, since I'd only had them on for about an hour.

Good luck!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Eno
on 6/20/14 3:43 am - ocala, FL

Thanks you two.. Im so excited i am scared i wont lie but im trying my hardest to not thinking about it but the outcome.. Skinnnnnyy :))) 

I do have a question how long does the gas stay in your belly for?

Cunning_Pam
on 6/20/14 7:31 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I had gas issues from the surgery for the first week to two weeks. After that I had gas from swallowing too much air while eating/drinking, but that cleared up in a month or so once I relearned how to eat and drink!

You'll do great.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

karenp8
on 6/20/14 6:45 am - Brighton, IL

I felt pretty bloated for probably the first week. The more I walked the better I felt though! You will do great and the nerves are normal. I was nervous too!

Eno
on 6/20/14 7:57 am - ocala, FL

Perfect. Thank you the reason why i asked is im going back to work i want my scrubs to fit me. I dont want to be a balloon. Hes giving me a binder to wear.. So i know that will help

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics