NSVs at Six Months

Cunning_Pam
on 6/20/14 1:34 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Last night the husbeast and I journeyed into the city to catch a comedy show. I was so struck by the difference in this experience from similar experiences I'd had before surgery! At six months post-op, these are all the things I noticed just from last night:

• It was about 90 degrees and humid, but it was a comfortable temperature to me.
  • I didn't melt into a puddle of sweat, which would have meant having my makeup running off my face in technicolor rivers.
  • I fit into the theater seat with room to spare on either side of me.
  • I was able to walk the three blocks from the parking lot without even thinking about it.
  • The new sandals I'd ordered fit perfectly, and were actually very comfortable.
  • The sandals were 2 inch wedges, and I had no trouble walking in them.
  • I was able to stand around for half an hour until seating was available without feeling like I was gonna die.
  • My thighs didn't rub together so badly while walking that I ended up chafed all to hell, despite not wearing panty hose.
  • I could cross my legs while sitting.
  • After we got home, I didn't feel exhausted and worn out from the activity.
  • I was able to wear a very short dress and only felt mild, intermittent self-consciousness (even if I did feel like I was naked from the waist down! I was never one to wear dresses much, LOL!) True story: I told my hubby "You're on ass patrol." When he asked what the heck that meant, I told him "You watch my rear, and if my ass starts showing, you tell me so I can pull this dress down!" Seriously, I've often seen big girls wearing clothes and thinking "OMG, I wish I had the self confidence to wear something like that!" Well, last night, I rocked my short dress, and I didn't care that my legs are still fat. They're nowhere near as fat as they were, and they're getting smaller every day! 

Here's the photographic proof:

Oh, and the very best NSV of all? My wonderful husband telling me that he was proud of me, and was happy to be seen with his beautiful new wife!

So, to those of you who are struggling with pre-op stuff or newly post-op and wondering whether you've made the right decision, please trust me: In a couple of months, you'll be SO happy you did this!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Grim_Traveller
on 6/20/14 1:42 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That's a good day right there.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Finding_Feather
on 6/20/14 1:52 am

You look great! And your confidence in that dress is what makes it. Confidence is the sexiest thing we can wear ;)

basilmk
on 6/20/14 2:04 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Congratulations on your six-month achievements! And Eddy Izzard as a reward is such fun!

I'm coming up on that goal and hope that I will be as successfully as you.

You go, girl!!!

marty

RNY 1/7/2014 with Jeffery Lord, Pensacola, FL

Caroline K.
on 6/20/14 2:16 am

Congratulations, that sounded like fun!

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

marymo362
on 6/20/14 2:43 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I absolutely LOVE your NSV!!!! Congratulations, hard work pays off. You are a real inspiration. I am thankful we are friends on OH and MFP!

You look AMAZING!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Dodgergirl27
on 6/20/14 2:54 am
RNY on 01/22/14

You look beautiful Pam!  Congrats on all of those great NSV!!!!!  There are many more to come.

AnnyBananny
on 6/20/14 3:14 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Pam! Look at your rockin' a short dress AND that big smile again - way to go! 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 6/20/14 3:23 am - Brighton, IL

You look great Pam. It sounds like you had a wonderful evening too! I am amazed on these hot humid days how much better I feel than two years ago. It makes me thankful everyday for my surgery. Congratulations!

ReginaPhelange
on 6/20/14 6:16 am
RNY on 02/24/14

WOOO HOOOO YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!

I know I am happier everyday since I had my RNY!!! 

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 201 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 372 views