Sad, depressed, hurting...all of the above

Lisa82
on 6/23/14 11:20 am, edited 7/2/14 12:36 pm

had to delete

healthyme1963
on 6/23/14 1:14 pm
RNY on 03/18/14

You've had a very rough road, sweetie.  Certainly, no one would blame you for feeling a bit down and confused right now.  Just remember that you deserve happiness and good health.  Keep focused on your goals and don't let anyone derail you.  

I know how you feel - losing your support and close relationship.  I've been there.  I came out stronger on the other side and so will you.  Keep your focus and you will find new support.  If your surgery center has a support group I would suggest joining it.  These will be people who have gone through, or are going through, the same journey as you and can be of so much help to you.  Also, the people on these boards are very supportive and helpful.  :)  Good luck to you!  Feel free to message me and/or add me as a friend! 

Life is short, break the RULES, FORGIVE quickly, KISS slowly, LOVE truly, LAUGH uncontrollably, & NEVER REGRET anything that made you SMILE.  

Lisa82
on 6/25/14 1:48 pm
mamabug70
on 6/23/14 8:41 pm - Kansas City, MO
RNY on 03/25/13

I'm down 135 pounds after surgery and I look great if I do say so myself! Do I have extra skin? Yep! Don't care and neither does my husband. He drives me crazy wanting sex all the time.  Sure I have struggles with self-consciousness due to the extra skin and would like to have it removed but I look and feel much better than I did before surgery! Don't let the extra skin keep you from having the surgery... Remember this will also improve your health! Good luck to you whatever you decide to do!

Amy

Lisa82
on 6/25/14 1:57 pm
karenp8
on 6/23/14 10:28 pm - Brighton, IL

Wow no wonder you are depressed and upset. Just don't let others actions stop you from having your surgery. You need this for you! As far as being dumped because you have excess skin, who needs someone like that around anyway. We all deserve better than that. I'm 55 years old and lost 140 pounds and do have extra skin. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. I feel so much better and have so much more energy. It will all be worth it,I promise. Feel free to vent here anytime you need to. It's what we're here for!

Lisa82
on 6/25/14 2:01 pm
jefferytmc
on 6/24/14 12:42 am

It sucks that she is not being a good friend, but sometimes people do crap like that.  You are doing this for you, and you have every right to be hurt, but good for you for keeping your resolve and venting to us.

I am only 4 months post op, I have lost 82 lbs.  I have some loose skin,but, it is smaller than the fat filled skin I had before.  Clothes hide a lot of sins and in the event that you are naked with someone, if they do not want to be with you due to loose skin, then I doubt you really want to be with them anyway.

Keep the faith, keep working to get to surgery.  And keep coming here to share, vent, whatever, I find this type of support so much better than the in person kind as you can get to know people.  I like our support group meetings with the surgeon's group to get new info and hear success stories, but I do not know anyone there and there are too many people to really get to know anyone from one month to the next.  But online, I can follow different peoples journeys and learn from many different people that are willing to share.

So best of luck to you in your journey.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

Lisa82
on 6/25/14 2:05 pm
CHELLEYGIRL
on 6/24/14 1:43 am - PALMDALE, CA

I am really sorry about your friend,and the tough road with your parents.  This is YOUR journey and you have to do what is going to make you happy and HEALTHY. The guy dumping your friend due to loose skin was a JERK to say the least! If a man can't be ok with your body naked like jeffery said, ya probably dont want him anyway!! This is an area I am scared to death of. I have had a couple relationships since surgery and thought they didnt work out because of my body , but when I looked back at it, its because they werent right for me and my daughter!  P.S..... Dont be sorry for the long post! 

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 452 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views