3 day pre op diet 2 more days down

Eno
on 6/21/14 10:18 pm - ocala, FL

Pretty happy i lost 5lb in one day but omg im feeling so horriable i dont know what to do my head hurts my body hurts im so hungry jello doesnt do a thing for me.. What did everyone do on there pre op clear liq diet?

Amy K.
on 6/22/14 1:32 am - Tucson, AZ

I'm on day 3 of the pre-op liquid diet and find that spacing out my "meals" really helps, especially with the headaches. I found my schedule to work well when I had to do 2 days per week of the liquid diet per dietician starting at month 3. Here's the time line I use each day: 

early morn - protein shake & apple juice (4 oz)

mid morn - greek yogurt 

Lunch - protein shake & 1/2 cup cottage cheese & broth

mid afternoon - V8 Low Sodium

dinner - protein shake & yogurt

evening - juice (V8 Splash), popsicle, & more cottage cheese or V8

I also drink a lot of water and sometimes crystal lite. 

My hardest part thus is giving up the diet coke and caffeine, but I'm getting there. I've cut way back on both and figure cold turkey will work in 8 days when my surgery takes place. 

Cunning_Pam
on 6/22/14 4:09 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Like you, I had a clear liquid diet for one week before my surgery. I didn't have the problems you seem to be having, though. After the first couple of days I had no more hunger, and never experienced any headaches. One thing I think may help, make sure you're drinking enough fluids. That may sound silly, if you're on a clear liquid diet you're getting enough liquids, right? Maybe not, though. Make sure you're drinking outside of "meal" times, plain water would be the best. You'll be expected to drink at least 64 ounces of liquids a day after your surgery anyway, so this is a good time to start learning the habit. Good luck!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Eno
on 6/22/14 9:54 pm - ocala, FL

I think that was my problem i wasnt taking in fluid.. Now im so ashamed of myself but i gave in yesterday i ate food i was with my family at a cookout and i ate.. And tomorrow is my surgery im back on clear liq today and my aunt whose a nurse told me to take in jus****er over 64 oz because my liver and it needs to clean me out i hope it doesnt do anything to me for eating.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views