1 week tomorrow no weight loss

Eno
on 6/30/14 8:42 am, edited 6/30/14 8:57 am - ocala, FL

Okay im soooooo miserable i had open rny which wasnt supposed to be plan i cant keep nothing down to eat i just ate a greek yogurt for the first time i did good there. But i notice i weight more about 5 lb more what i did they day of surgery when does the lb just showing? I go in Wednesday in the am to get my staples removed im still walking like i need a cane i have to sleep up right on the couch its all just killing me and im sad i feel like i did this for nothing. I have so much pain and regret im going to have this nasty scare down my stomach that i dont feel like it will ever heal. I cant even wipe my self its sad he did laparoscopic and open on me so everywhere i turn there is pain ;/

WhydidIwait
on 6/30/14 9:36 am
RNY on 06/05/14

I honestly felt the same way for the first two weeks.  Please just hang in there. When you aren't in pain anymore you will be more optimistic.  

I had a hard time sleeping too. I used lots of pillows to try to get comfortable to sleep

I gained 15 pounds in the hospital. It's because they pump you full of fluids. It does come off.  Give it another week. 

I had my RNY four weeks ago this Thursday. I'm just starting to see results. I've lost 25 pounds since surgery.  

angeleigh
on 6/30/14 10:00 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12 with

It will get better. Keep up with your meds, stay ahead of the pain. Heating pads on the back and shoulders help some. Sounds bad but some of the pain is from gas, its a fun thing for a little while. I gained almost 15 pounds while in the hospital, its normal, you will lose the weight as long as you follow your plan. Try drinking warm liquids, try chicken broth. I personally drank sugar free hot cocoa with protein added to it. basics-how-to-make-hot-protein-drink  Also as far as the scar, you can try Scar Away, it helps. scar away. Also I couldnt stand up right, for almost 2 weeks with out it hurting, and mine wasnt open.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Eno
on 6/30/14 10:29 am - ocala, FL

Thank you two for the support ill make sure i get the hott chocolate.  I just didnt expect this to be like this and a nurse at the hospital she was so tiny laughed and was like u cant wear a two piece but there full piece that are alright looking i wanted to pop her. Im just now using a heating pad ill see how much it works and as for gas i have tried passing it.. Its taking forever

angeleigh
on 6/30/14 12:08 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12 with

Gas X strips and warm liquids, and walking every step you can. Even if its just around the kitchen for a few minutes at a time.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

fairylover2014
on 6/30/14 10:28 am

I gained 21 lbs during the first 5 days after surgery. It is water weight. Do not get frustrated. The weight will come off. The more protein you put in your body will help get it off. Make sure you drink plenty of water. 

QoftheU
on 6/30/14 10:54 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

You'll get better, the weight will come off, and you'll do fine.

Stick with your program - you have water weight right now - don't worry.  Drink Drink Drink, stay on top of your protein anyway you can (I ate a lot of cottage cheese and yogurt!).

You can do it!  Have FAITH in the surgery - it works if you work it!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Scarlette B.
on 6/30/14 11:20 am - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

I felt the exact same way week one and 2 and everyone telling me "it will come off " made me want to punch something.  I did a search on the ton of folks who posted the exact same thing and I felt better.  3 months later ...what a difference.  Relax and get well...

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Eno
on 6/30/14 11:52 am - ocala, FL

Ahhhh thank you for the support makes me feel alot better.. Did the cottage cheese and yogurt work. To replace shakes i cant take them in for nothing i did have a yogurt today i ate the whole thing . 

LulaLu
on 6/30/14 12:18 pm

I had my surgery on June 20th. On the 25th, I weighed myself for the first time. I was actually a pound heavier than on my surgery date! Now, 5 days later, I've started seeing the way come off...8 lbs.  It will happen!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 64 replies · 767 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 45 replies · 530 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
JuniperBerry · 27 replies · 411 views
Pandemic Nightmare
White Dove · 11 replies · 267 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?