HELP!!! Surgery date 10/2008 SW 375 CW 245 LW 225

Jennifer K.
on 7/1/14 2:08 am - Terrell, TX

I WANT TO GET OUT OF THE 200s!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD! 

PLEASE HELP! I have been stuck at this weight for years. Is there any hope for me???????? 

Laura in Texas
on 7/1/14 2:18 am

Yes, there is hope, but it is up to you. What does an average day look like numbers wise? Calories, carbs, protein, etc? Do you track your food? Do you exercise??

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Mo Diggity
on 7/1/14 4:26 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I think you have to be honest with yourself ~ You lost 150 lbs to begin with, which is awesome !! But what did you start doing differently that made you not only stop losing, but gain back 20 lbs ? Did you start adding more simple carbs, or stop tracking your food as much and take in too many calories, maybe exercising less ?? Only you know the answer. I'm guessing you should just go back to basics --- protein first, no simple carbs, track all food on myfitnesspal.com (or another website), increase exercise, increase water..... Good Luck !!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

The Salty Hag
on 7/1/14 11:19 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Your blog

Read this blog you posted at a year out. If you are still eating and drinking things that are bad for you and you stop doing that and can get back to your basic food plan of lean protein first...then yes, there is hope for you. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/2/14 4:45 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

From your blog:  

"On top of that, my diet hasn't been THE BEST it could be anymore.  Just the other day I ate a HALF of a jar of Nutella throughout the whole day, just grabbing a spoon and eating a bite.  That was at LEAST 1000 calories I ate in just that alone!!"

How badly do you want to lose weight?  Only you can answer that.  Be honest with yourself.  Sounds to me like you're hoping for a magic fix and there are none to be had.  You inherently know what you have to do if you're serious.  Stop eating crap, go back to dense proteins, drink plenty of fluids and exercise.

Good luck to you.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Lori W.
on 7/3/14 5:46 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

From your blog:

I will seriously drink 1-3 beers a night or every other night now and I KNOW I'm not supposed to.

That will certainly cancel all of your efforts.

netnay
on 7/2/14 3:24 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
I totally feel what you are saying. I have slipped off the wagon too!!!
wendybear1
on 7/2/14 5:21 pm - Brooklyn, NY

I have gained back 60 pounds myself. I know what caused it. I started drinking alcohol and eating like crap while drunk. I gained most of it during that time. When I was in rehab, they gave only a high carb high calorie diet due to so many addicts being underweight. I gained the last fifteen or so during that month.

I am working on getting back to basics and exercising to get the weight off. It's harder because one of the medications I am on for psychiatric reasons causes weight gain. I have maintained my weight for over a year even with the medication. Now, though, the work begins in earnest. I will be tracking everything I eat and getting all my protein in daily.

We can do this, it's just going to take work!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/14 11:32 pm - OH

Good to see you back here...!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

wendybear1
on 7/3/14 12:45 am - Brooklyn, NY

Thanks, Lora!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views