Confused

Lisa W.
on 7/3/14 12:10 pm - Denver, CO

Confused since week 5 lost no weight for almost 6 weeks getting all my protein and water in excersizing and my NUT and my surgeon say theres no such thing as a stall this early out they insist it only stalls at 6 months or beyond im so confused cause everything i read says otherwise are they just stupid or ill informed.

Lisa Willis

angeleigh
on 7/3/14 12:18 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Stalls will happen a few times, your body needs time to adjust to the new weight your currently at to know how many calories it needs. I had my first stall at 3 weeks for about 1-2 weeks. Are you tracking your food intake? How many calories, protein, carbs, are you taking in? How much have you lost in the 11 weeks post op? Are you taking measurements? that is where you can see the biggest change. I would really start looking at your calories, and how many your burning during your workouts, you might be eating to much or not enough. Most of all follow your plan! every one has a different plan so follow the guidelines you got postop.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/3/14 2:34 pm - OH

I wouldn't say they are stupid -- well, not the surgeon, anyway -- but he or she is certainly not very well informed about his/her patients' experiences!  We see SO many reports of NUTs who are so completely clueless that it wouldn't surprise me if yours was another one.

It is possible that they are saying that because they have a very narrow definition of a stall.  Some people only categorize it as a stall once there has been no weight loss whatsoever for more than 4 weeks, but that does happen to some people very early out, not just after 6 months.

Just keep on doing what you know you need to do.  The weight WILL come off!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Dartmouth
on 7/3/14 3:08 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I agree....I have been in a stall since 2 weeks fom surgery for the last 5 weeks....eating 550 to 670 calories a day and 50-65g of protein......it is so frustrating but there is nothing I can think to do!  Try to take the long view and as they say in England, just soldier on!

good luck!

KLNRDH
on 7/3/14 11:01 pm

My NUT said to shoot for 80 g of protein a day, so maybe you need more to start losing. At least 64oz of water too, although I usually manage 48-64. Also sometimes a bit of an increase in calories (not junk ones) can fool your body into losing again. Good luck :)

Kris N RDH    

Age: 45  5' 4 1/2" HW: 298  SW: 261  GW: 150    RNY:  4/17/14 Dr Brams-Mass

tdbull
on 7/3/14 3:30 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I stalled at almost 3 weeks out and it lasted for almost 3 weeks, where I. It only didn't lose weight, but I gained a few pounds. It's part of the process, just keep sticking to your plan and you'll get thru it.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
Recent Topics