IT'S BEEN AWHILE......

thynnlynn
on 7/5/14 8:30 am - MI

Hi Everyone!  It's been a long time, but I have finally reached my goal.  Actually, a little less then my goal.  I have been feeling SO much better.  I went from a 3X to an 8-10 and can hardly believe it.  At 61, I am thinner than my daughters.

Starting at 235#

Yesterday at #149

I have had my ups and downs and after the hospital-acquired infection that damn near killed me last year, I still would have gone for it - just not at that facility.  The first time I was there for the band, I got the gift of c.diff and the second time for the RNY I got a delayed case of bacterial pneumonia, leading to sepsis.

I am healthy now and try to eat as I should but am not always compliant.  My best helper is that I have two good friends on FB that both had RNY.  One generally follows the plan and it about the same size as I am.  The other did not and she wears a 5X.  Seeing their pics everyday is a good reminder how easy it would be to be back where I never want to go again.

For those of you that are just starting out, it all gets better.  Most of us have a few bumps in the road (I have a couple of hernias) but eventually, everything works out alright.

Take care, everyone!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

karenp8
on 7/5/14 8:47 am - Brighton, IL

You have done great Lynn! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your update with us!

martitalinda
on 7/5/14 9:35 am

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! what an AWESOME transformation.... wayyyyyyyyyy to go Lynn.... you look absolutely fabulous.... CONGRATS!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

RainbowRN
on 7/5/14 11:11 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Way to go!!!

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views