Surgeon and NUT crazy

Lisa W.
on 7/7/14 2:32 am - Denver, CO

Had rny 2 months ago lost 23 pounds first month and havent lost a pound since they say they'es no such thing asstall this soon and im doing something wrong 60g protein, 72 oz water walking working out in gym im doing everything right and then they said even if my body slowed down i have to loose weight well 6 weeks nothing and my scales are accurate am i crazy or are they.

Lisa Willis

angeleigh
on 7/7/14 2:37 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12 with

up your protein to 80-100 grams. How many calories are you taking in?

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

gtrdyfor50
on 7/7/14 2:41 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I would probably direct my energy to changing things up and looking forward. If it were me, I would add at least 20 g of protein a day and up the water to 100 oz to see if that does something.

jefferytmc
on 7/7/14 4:58 am

I do not see where you started from, so it is difficult to judge percentage of WL during the first month.

But let's look at it from their point of view, MOST patients lose fairly steady through out the first few months.  My wife did have a month long stall around the 5 month mark, and lots of people have a stall for a week or so around the 3 week mark.  But stalling for a month after a month is pretty rare I would guess.

So if you are eating as the surgeon instructed, and getting in your water and protein, you could up the protein, but in general you should lose.  Unless you have some sort of a genetic issue, a drastically lower caloric intake will cause you to lose weight.

What are you consuming in a typical day?  Are  you tracking what you eat?

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

Lisa W.
on 7/7/14 7:39 am - Denver, CO

ty all just cant get my ticker to show up sometimes ill try to up water and protein see if that helps out.

Lisa Willis

Dartmouth
on 7/7/14 7:46 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

The exact same thing happened to me 2 weeks out.....didn't loose for 5 weeks and then only 1.5 pounds this last week....trying to be calm about it and patient...sometimes that works ....sometimes not!

Lisa W.
on 7/7/14 7:50 am - Denver, CO

ty trying to stay calm but its crazy lost so much first month and having my people tell me stalls dont happen not this earlt and its my fault is hard ty so much for your reply

Lisa Willis

Dartmouth
on 7/7/14 8:27 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I think my body went into starvation mode the first couple of weeks as I could only eat about 350 kcals a day.....I lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks and then nothing so I suspect my metabolism went into shock!

it really is hard when you are doing everything right and nothing happens...I was loosing more weight before the surgery!  But from every thing I have read, you do recover from a stall and start to loose again...so I just keep on pushing...as I suspect you are doing as well!