BREAD

netnay
on 7/7/14 3:28 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
Do any of you eat bread?? I have a serious carb addiction. I think I need to totally stay away from breads. Pastas don't get to me. It's bread that I want. Bagels,sandwich bread, anything that has to do with dough. Am I alone in this?
Grim_Traveller
on 7/7/14 7:25 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

If it's a trigger food, I'd stay away from it. Bread has a lot of calories and very little else, and leaves you craving more.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

poet_kelly
on 7/7/14 8:33 pm - OH

Yes, some of us eat bread.  I do, occasionally.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Melora
on 7/7/14 8:41 pm - Perkinston, MS

I eat more than I should, but when I try to at least choose whole grains when I do.  It's very hard for me to totally stay away from them...carb addictions are fierce. You are most definitely not alone in this!

Melora

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The Salty Hag
on 7/7/14 11:55 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Once in a while-like once or twice every few months, I may have half of a toasted whole grain bagel or sandwich thin. I don't eat any type of white flour breads. I loved them too, once upon a time. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

HFA70
on 7/8/14 1:42 am

I love toast and peanut butter, I have 1 slice of whole grain about once a week.  I usually have difficulty finishing it though, but it satisfies the craving.  I don't eat any form of white flour anymore.

jenorama
on 7/8/14 5:29 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I find that bread fills me up way too quickly, so I usually skip it.  Last night my husband and I went to a local craft burger place and I just ate 3/4ths of the patty and left the buns.  Occasionally I'll do a piece of toast with some peanut butter, but sometimes my tummy doesn't feel too great afterwards, so I don't do that very often.

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/14 6:08 am

No you are not alone. I have struggled with this since I was a child. I would eat a loaf of bread with butter. It is like crack. I think I can have it once in a while and right now I can't. 

Crystal82
on 7/8/14 7:55 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14

I LOVE bread too! But I have done pretty well in the self control department. I try not to eat to much of it. however, I decided that if I am going to allow myself a piece of bread here or there then I am going to cut out pasta, potatoes and rice. I still have to make a starch for the family at dinner time but very rarely does even a tablespoon make  the cut to  my plate (like once every 2 or 3 weeks) and most times its the only thing left not eaten. I really believe in doing what's right for you and knowing ur abilities with self control over trigger foods etc. Don't sweat the small stuff when there are bigger battles to fight (like with sugar cravings urrrggghh)!

Crystal

Surgery January 6, 2014!

Dcgirl
on 7/8/14 8:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am 7 months out and haven't had any bread until last week I found Flat Out Light Italian wraps.  I use half of one wrap to make a pizza in the toaster oven (with either chicken or turkey pepperoni and cheese and a little sauce).  You are definitely not alone, but I love carbs like it sounds you do too...hence why I am staying away!  Perhaps in maintenance I can be more lenient, but I know I wasn't great with moderation before, so I am steering clear of them :)

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 373 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 128 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views