Anyone switch surgeons after their surgery?

netnay
on 7/7/14 3:36 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
I am over a year out. My doctor and nutritionist are just so far away. There is a surgeon near me that I believe now takes my insurance. Has anyone ever switched after surgery due to distance?
Andie
on 7/7/14 7:23 pm - FRANKFORT, OH

I had surgery about 100 miles from home and after I recovered, my surgeon referred me back to my FP....even though there were a few times I had to contact him with other issues...as long as the new surgeon will see you, there shouldn't be an issue..my surgeon did give me a list of the rec blood work to have done yearly...

poet_kelly
on 7/7/14 8:32 pm - OH

I didn't switch due to distance, but my surgeon closed his practice when I was six months out, so I switched for that reason.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyes65
on 7/12/14 9:35 am - IN

I'm 3 hours away from surgeon, I would like a closer surgeon but I don't know if they will see you if another Dr did the surgery. How would you go about it ? alot of bariatric surgeons only like seeing only patients that had the surgery where they are. I know where I'm located Memorial Bariatric only see's their patients who had the surgery there and so on for the other hospitals who have weight loss programs.

poet_kelly
on 7/12/14 9:36 am - OH

I just called surgeons and asked if they were taking new patients.  I had no trouble.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

chris53212
on 7/7/14 10:49 pm

I did a year follow up with my surgeon.  I figure that any doctor can order labs and read labs, so I have my primary doc do my labs and have not seen my surgeon since (except for when I run into him at events).  I save about a $1000.00 a year.  If problems arise, I can just call the bariatric clinic and make an appointment. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 66 views
Recent Topics