Had my RNY surgery this past Monday, July 7th. How do you deal with hunger on a pre-op...

ce004995
on 7/10/14 7:24 am - TX

I had my surgery July 7th and am home now. I have been drinking water and eating sugar free popsicles, but I am hungry. Not for a lot, but for something, anything more than a clear liquid. I can't seem to stomach the idea of hot broth right now, but is there a way to deal with the hunger pains?

Love

ce004995
on 7/10/14 7:34 am - TX

Sorry, I meant Post op liquid diet!

Kimberly K.
on 7/10/14 7:56 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Most likely it is head hunger, not hunger like preop. I am 4 months out and I don't have classic hunger like preop. I can tell when I need to eat something though. The best way to describe it is feeling empty. There are times I forget to eat. Keep drinking.

Kim K.    

ce004995
on 7/10/14 8:53 am - TX

I am not sure if it is head hunger. I do always feel empty and my stomach is always growling. I just feel famished. I will just try to keep drinking water and try not to think about it.

Thank you.

poet_kelly
on 7/10/14 8:28 am - OH

Are you on clear liquids?  If so, then I'd suggest a clear protein drink, like Isopure or Cytomax.  If you're able to have full liquids, I'd have a protein shake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

gtrdyfor50
on 7/10/14 9:11 am
RNY on 10/08/13
The gurgling, might just be that, gurgling. It will do that off and on for a few months. I did not feel real hunger until about 8 months out.

life_mirrors_art
on 7/10/14 12:44 pm - Canada

I found sugar-free jello helped with the empty feeling. It still counts as a clear liquid, but has a bit of substance to it.

ce004995
on 7/11/14 12:10 am - TX

Thank you for all the suggestions. It's funny, but today, I don't feel hungry at all. I think I was just letting head hunger panic me.

KDK_newme
on 7/11/14 8:39 am

I just got home today and the nurse said the clear liquid protein will fill you up. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 291 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics