Baking cookies is my Zen

Reinette
on 7/13/14 1:06 pm - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

*Wave*  Tomorrow makes 4 weeks from surgery.  I'm in the typical early stall but I feel great.  No issues with foods and I swear I have more food in my fridge now than I did pre surgery.

Completely stressed at work but baking cookies relaxes me.  Lots and lots of cookies.  My mom's birthday is coming up and I always send her a huge box of them.  Plus I brought some into work.  Now, while the cookies smell fantastic I haven't had a single one.  In the past, I would have easily scarfed down way too many while baking.  That doesn't even count bits of dough.

To be honest, I'm tempted but it is not worth it.  Bah.  I don't want the chance of dumping or worse eating empty calories at this point.  The aroma is calorie free and amazing.

I don't post a lot but do read the forum everyday.  Because of these forums I've tried a few of Eggface's recipes and I'm exploring new healthy food options.  The daily menu posts are great!  Tomorrow I go back to the gym and start working out a bit in the pool.  Nothing too strenuous but it will be nice to be able to swim.

So endeth my ramblings!

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4

Jenn S.
on 7/13/14 2:10 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

I have found that being around foods (at least at the moment), that I previously would have scarfed down, don't really tempt me anymore. I've attended two birthday parties in the last week and the cakes looked delicious.  I wasn't even tempted to have a bite. Not for the possible dumping, for some reason I just didn't look at those foods the same way. I don't know if I can explain it. I haven't done any baking though, so I'm not sure how that will affect me.  Congrats to you for staying on plan! I have been swimming for my exercise since it got so hot here.  It's been fabulous. I love how good I feel after the workout and I'm cooled off instead of dripping in sweat.  Good luck to you. Thanks for your ramblings!!

karenp8
on 7/13/14 10:12 pm - Brighton, IL

Baking is my zen too but my favorite item to make and bake is yeast breads. I do still bake for meetings and family get-togethers and such. Sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 285 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics