had rny o. 7/22.... when will that discomfort and pain go away....

cross_89
on 7/23/14 6:27 pm

Tge pain wasnt bad first day. But I have been in discomfort and pain for last 2 days. I have walked and even used restroom. But my body aches. How much linger until I feel better?

AnnyBananny
on 7/23/14 9:04 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I had the same experience - the first day wasn't so bad, because you're totally doped up! Had my surgery on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were really difficult, but by Friday I was feeling a lot better. Don't get me wrong, I still had pain and discomfort, but drastically reduced. Walk and rest as much as you can. I found being on my back, but elevated was the most comfortable, but roll to your side and push yourself up when you want to stand or sit. Take your pain meds every time you can, I did for the first 5-6 days and I'm sooooo glad. 

It will be better soon.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

NHwahine
on 7/23/14 11:33 pm
RNY on 06/30/14

I found that each day my discomfort was cut in half. The second day is the worst. Tomorrow you'll feel much better and Saturday you'll feel even better. Good Luck!

43 years old. 5'8" tall  HW 320 (BMI 48.7) SW 268 (BMI 40.7) CW 198 (BMI 30.0)

Sarahakers11
on 7/24/14 12:52 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Mine got better everyday.  Surgery was on a Tuesday  Friday was the worst day... I was released from the Hospital on Thursday so I think some of that was just being worried.  By more jsut a little sore by the end of week one,  finallly able to get up without issues and only the occassional pain by the end of week 2, 3 weeks I didnt even know I had surgery. 

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Mslovely52
on 7/28/14 6:39 am

I wondered the same thing at the time as you wondering when will the discomfort went away , into the third week discomfort without even realizing it I just notice there was no more pain getting up, and I woke up and told my husband I slept on my side and stomach through the night, so hang in there before you know it there will be no more discomfort .

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 359 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 187 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?