weight gain

misslinda
on 7/29/14 1:35 pm

ok,everyone is so excited about losing weight,yah great! So was I for 14 years,I had a RYX. In 2000, I have been down to 97# and now I can't quite gaining,I don't eat much because I fill up way to fast then I throw up,So probably not over 500 cal.a day. I need to get advice to jump start my weight loss again, My surgeon has passed and my family Dr.hasn't a clue. PLEASE help me. I am 65.5'2" and 165# and gaining,don't say excersise because that is a on going thing,run in a.m..

katefitzcap
on 7/29/14 2:30 pm
RNY on 02/03/14

Can i ask what you are eating for starters?  Be honest...

Ladytazz
on 7/29/14 4:02 pm, edited 7/29/14 4:03 pm

Sorry, not buying that you are gaining on 500 calories a day.  Just isn't possible unless you have something wrong.  

Unless and until you are able to be honest about what you are eating and how much you will probably keep gaining.  Personally I could care less what you eat but it would help if you tracked every bite that went into your mouth for a few days so you can see right in front of you what you are eating.

It is very easy to get into denial about what we are eating.  A bite here, a taste there, but those don't count.  A serving that measures more like 2 servings.  Yes, you can't eat a lot I am sure but that doesn't mean you can't eat often and many high carb foods are easy to keep eating because they chew to nothing.

I really hope there is nothing wrong and you get a handle on things.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/29/14 4:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm with Ladytazz on this. It is simply not possible to gain weight on 500 calories a day.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

denaraye
on 7/29/14 7:32 pm - MI

I felt I couldn't possibly be eating that many calories too because like you if I eat too much I get really sick and throw it back up. BUT with that said - if I track everything I eat I am shocked by how many calories I am actually eating.  My weight loss has stalled completely for about six months now and I am bouncing back and forth and more up the last few days.  I am scared to start back into my old habits - that is why I came back here today.  Your post has touched my heart because I am right here with you.  Starting today use a site that tracks your calories as well as your exercise - be honest nobody sees it but you!  I too need to start tracking again - which I will do starting today also.  I also need to get back on my bike and maybe add a walk at night.  Maybe together we can turn this around starting right now!  Thanks for your post.  I still have weight to lose - 6 pounds and I will no longer be considered obese.  So my first mini goal on my new turnaround plan 10 pounds so that I can smile and say I am not obese!

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

Mary Gee
on 7/29/14 8:15 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You had surgery 14 years ago and maintained for all that time, and now you're regaining?  What has changed?  You eating habits?  Can't believe it's possible to gain weight if you're eating 500 calories a day.  Better start logging everything and get a true picture of your calorie consumption.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/30/14 2:44 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If your family doctor is clueless, you need to find a doctor who DOES know what they're talking about-- probably another bariatric surgeon. Call around, explain that your original surgeon has passed away, and get some legit medical advice.

Just because you're having trouble with your weight right now is no reason to frown on others who are currently successful.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

dragonlove
on 7/30/14 3:26 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I agree with sparkle above.  Find a Doctor who does know about your needs!  If you had a infected incision bleeding and your Dr didn't know how to fix it, wouldn't you find another Dr for that? This is no different.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

chris53212
on 7/30/14 7:06 am

Maybe.......

1. thyroid needs to be check

2.  Eating to little

3.  Eating to much

4. not enough protein

5.  Weight gain because of aging

6.  maybe a very clean diet of protein veggies no gluten

7.  Doctor change one that will help you figure it out.

8. nutritionist appointment to help with a menu.

These are thinks I would do.

Best of luck to you...................It is so frustration this weight thing, isn't it.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 248 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?