Do you have hunger?

catalina07
on 7/29/14 3:07 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I am getting ready to get my revision from band to bypass. I know that I will be eating completely different from how I have been able to eat with my band. My question is about hunger. Do you feel hungry? Does the small amount of food that you are able to eat satisfy you? if you don't feel hungry in the beginning, when does it come back if ever?  I know with the band I had no hunger at all in the beginning but unfortunately, it did not last for long. Thanks

Capulus
on 7/29/14 3:19 am - Little Rock, AR

I am nearly 10 years out from my RNY.  I NEVER feel hungry.  My stomach never growls and I never feel hunger pains.  I don't know if I am the norm, but this has been my experience.  I have to remember to eat sometimes, especially when I am very involved in something.

I had a Roux-en-y in June of 2005, no regrets, but I am ALL about education, now!

catalina07
on 7/30/14 8:32 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I really hope the same will be for me. Thanks

jefferytmc
on 7/29/14 4:06 am

It is different for everybody.  I seldom got hungry before and I still don't really get hungry per se.  My wife however, did get hungry before and still does.  It took about 3 months or so before I started even feeling any type of "hungry" signal.

But yes, the small amount of food does make me feel full.  And I learned quickly what my full signal was (it can get broken just like the hungry signal), but after surgery, if you eat too much or too fast, you can vomit (I learned that the hard way).

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

jenorama
on 7/29/14 4:25 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I'm 10 months out and I definitely get hungry.  I have to be mindful to not let myself get too hungry, because then I revert to my old habit of eating too fast and end up overfull.  Not enough to vomit, but definitely uncomfortable.  The small amount of food I can take in is very satisfying.  

After surgery I was really looking forward to never feeling hungry again and that is not the case with me.  :D

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/14 4:36 am

Same with me I am 10 months out and I do get hungry.If I wait too long I have to stop myself from old habits to.I do allow myself some planned snacks to have.Not like timed but I have them in myfitnesspal so I don't overeat. Some days I feel stuffed right away others I feel like a troll.But I think that part is mental.

life_mirrors_art
on 7/29/14 5:07 am - Canada

I am 5 weeks out and I get hungry every 2 hours. Luckily, a small amount of food satisfies my hunger.

MyLady Heidi
on 7/29/14 5:16 am

I do not get hungry.  I typically eat because I know I should or I want too not because I feel I have too.

NinaCanDOit
on 7/29/14 5:20 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Same. 

I know hunger will come back, and I'm trying really hard to listen to my body, but so far nothing.  I'm trying really hard to eat 3 times a day and get protein in, but sometimes i forget.

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Lisa09
on 7/29/14 5:28 am - NH

I am also planning a revision from band to bypass. Do you know if you'll be able to have the removal and revision the same day? My center is telling me it'll probably be two separate operations.  Aaaargh.   I just want this done!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics