large calves

jfarside
on 7/29/14 2:15 pm
RNY on 09/02/14

So I started this at 353 I am down 333 and my surgery date is Sept 2nd. This next month will keep me plenty busy so as to not get too anxious the closer I get. I am not stressing about anything I have been through plenty of surgeries the only thing I don't like is coming out of the anastasia but I will talk to them about that. My one question is I have huge lower legs well I shouldn't say huge but they are pretty big and I hate wearing skirts and shorts because of them and I can't wear boots and things like that because they don't fit.what I want to know is do they get smaller? I'm not looking for toothpick legs just ones I won't be embarrassed about and that I can wear boots with has anyone else gone through this? What's was your results?   TY

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

mawdebo
on 7/29/14 3:33 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Mine is set for Aug 9th it's hard not to get anxious . I am going in for revision. But yes your legs will get smaller prolly pretty quick. Mine did . I'm sure yours will also. I have like tons of boots now. :) where will you be having your surgery ? I will be in Tijuana

My first goal 

jfarside
on 7/29/14 3:52 pm
RNY on 09/02/14

Thank you and congrats and good luck with your surgery.  Thank you for the info I'm glad to know they won't stay as big! My surgery will be in upstate Ny about 2 hours from where I live. 

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/29/14 3:37 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

It is said that we lose from the top down -- and that's been true for me. I started at at 30/32 and now wear a 14 on the top and a 16/18 on the bottom. My calves have gotten smaller but are larger than the top. Of course ymmv. Congrats on your upcoming surgery

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

jfarside
on 7/29/14 3:59 pm
RNY on 09/02/14

Ty! It's nice to see someone who started around my weight. I see so many that started around 250. You have lost a lot so far congratulations that's great! And thank you for sharing your experience it helps a lot I am going to do pre surgery measurements so I can see numbers as I loose inches and not rely on the scale as much my dr said once a month tops for the scale. Congrats on the weight loss and Ty!.

Surgery 9/02/14 HW 360

The Salty Hag
on 7/29/14 9:52 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Taking measurements is an excellent idea!! I was so glad I took them pre-surgery. 

I have/ had large calves. I could never wear boots either. When I started out, my calves were 21" around right at the fullest part. The last time I measured, they were 16". My thighs are now the size of my calves! For the first time in 25 years, I can see muscle definition in my calves. 

Good luck with everything!! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

gtrdyfor50
on 7/29/14 10:55 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
You will definitely notice the difference. I have boots that I had before with larger calves and now they are too big.

jenorama
on 7/30/14 2:07 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I have tree-trunk legs and while my calves have gotten smaller, they're still pretty big. I have a lace-up pair of Sorel boots that go about halfway to my knees that I can wear now, but probably couldn't if they weren't lace-up. I was not smart enough to measure my calves pre-surgery. :( I'm hoping that my bicycling will get them toned up!

Jen

dragonlove
on 7/30/14 3:24 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Everything gets smaller.  However, your body proportions you were born with aren't going to drastically change.  I also have very large calves.  After early in junior high, I've never been able to wear tall boots because of my calves - even before my weight gain began.  Now, my calves are already much smaller and I no longer mind them being visible in shorts or skirts, but there are only going to be a limited number of boots I'm going to be able to wear even when I reach goal.  That's just how I'm shaped.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

jazzycatz
on 7/30/14 3:25 am - Joppa, MD

I started out above 300lbs. I carried most of my weight around my midsection and I lost that last. My legs were the first place I noticed the weightloss. Then my arms. One day my husband proclaimed, "You've got chicken legs!!" LOL So my legs are actually pretty skinny now. I have knobby knees! Before you could hardly tell I had knees.

And oh happy day, I can wear boots!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 346 views